Telesales Tips Thread

I don't currently cross sell med sups. I have been so focused on my present task, that I didn't want to put time into something else. I am sure one day that will happen though. I usually have to call a lead at least 5 times before I get a hold of them. I don't try to one call close people. Sure it happens, but most will not. I end up having a steady pipeline of people I need to follow up with and work through. My persistency is far above what is required, and is better now than ever. Part of it is not trying to push people into doing this. The other thing is I follow up with people for six months after I sell them.

This will probably be my last response until the work week. My wife and I are in route to San Fran for our 5 year anniversary :biggrin:

I wasn't suggesting cross selling Med Supps off FE. As many have pointed out, most FE clients are MA prospects. I'd do the reverse and sell Med Supps, then with the money you save them they can spend it on FE.

Thanks again for the info, and am looking forward to your future posts in this thread.

Happy Anniversary and have a great weekend!:bump:

All honestly I don't thing "anybody" can to this. GymGuy is a beast and One of, if not the most disciplined person I've ever met, and I've hired and trained hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of agents he also has the best attitude and work effort I've ever seen, along with that he doesn't falter when it comes to the plan of getting it done.

I work with many agents who do telesales with my telesales leads and many of them are former face to face agents or even still doing face to face. Sales for those leads are close to surpassing face to face leads at this point. For the guys who are new at it, there is always a learning curve with the new processes but it doesn't take them long to get down a system that works.

I work with many agents who do telesales with my telesales leads and many of them are former face to face agents or even still doing face to face. Sales for those leads are close to surpassing face to face leads at this point. For the guys who are new at it, there is always a learning curve with the new processes but it doesn't take them long to get down a system that works.

What's the difference between your "telesales" leads and F2F leads?

In short, it tells the consumer in advance that they will be working with someone over the phone to do the entire thing and if they don't want to be called, don't bother.

This was something I have wanted to do since day 1 and really only made it happen a few months back. I actually worked with Mr. GymGuy for my initial development.

In a past life, I was doing lead generation for an LTC Brokerage when they started making the transition to tele/webinar sales so all in all it wasn't too tough for me to make this work.

I had one of Lee's regular leads come in yesterday. It came in around 10:00 am. I had it laying on my desk when I was leaving the office around 6:30 last night. It was one that's around an hour away from me so I just handle those as phone sales even though I'm no expert at phone sales. I really just wanted to blow through it and go on home (a bad attitude to have to be calling a $31 lead).

She answers. Very receptive. She's been expecting my call.

I do zero warm up. Zero presentation. Jump straight in...

What I do is ask you some general health history questions. Then I can match you with the companies that will approve you and show the best rate you qualify for. Have you got a few minutes to do that? Yes. (Damm, I wanted to leave. )

I ask her my basic fact finding questions, Cancer, heart, diabetes, lungs, daily meds, recent hospitalizations, bank account, etc. She has a few issues but we can still get her 1st day with several companies.

OK Mrs. Jones, let me research this for you and I'll call you back with your quotes in around 15-minutes. (I know this is a no-no for telesales agents but I always do it and it almost always goes fine for me. ) but before we hang up I forgot to ask, Do you just want coverage on yourself? Or on a husband too?

Mrs. Jones: well actually I want it for me (age 60) my mother (age 77) and my husband (age 72)

OK so I go through my health fact finding for the two others. All had some health issues but all were insurable.

I call her back in 15-minutes and just gave her a couple of sentences explaining 1st day coverage, guaranteed rate for life, etc. Then I ask if she has a pen. She does. I just blurt out the premium for each of them for $10,000 on each. (I know. Amateur hour. But I really just wanted to go home.)

She says OK. Can you mail me something?

I said: well the way it works is I fill out the application with you over the phone which takes around 20-minutes. Then I mail it to you for signatures and it will have an envelope to mail it back to me along with a voided check.

OK. That sounds good.

Why don't you and your husband and mother discuss this tonight and I'll call you tomorrow afternoon to see if you would like to move forward.

OK but I already know I want to do mine. Can we go ahead and do that one? (Damm. I was ready to leave) OK, let me go grab an application.

I come crack and we fill out the complete app. SS#, beneficiaries with FULL details, bank account number, etc. OK, I'll get this one in the mail for you and I'll call you tomorrow before I mail it to see about the others.

Well we may as well go ahead and fill out my husband's too. I know I want his. OK...same routine.

Then...you guessed it. Let's go ahead and do Mom's too.

I get home about 7:45.

Now I know those of you that haven't sold Lee's leads this way think there is a snowball's chance in Heck that this will come back and turn into a sale. The real phone sales guys think I'm crazy for mailing paper apps in the first place. But the ones that go like this have nearly a perfect record with me of being very smooth sailing. I can only remember one that never came back. And I've probably done around 25 this way. Some others I've sold face to face and some I've done actual tele-apps.

Lee's leads are very strong. Not all of them. Not most of them. But many of them are. You could never sell a regular direct mail or telemarketed lead like that without burning through a LOT of leads.

I had one of Lee's regular leads come in yesterday. It came in around 10:00 am. I had it laying on my desk when I was leaving the office around 6:30 last night. It was one that's around an hour away from me so I just handle those as phone sales even though I'm no expert at phone sales. I really just wanted to blow through it and go on home (a bad attitude to have to be calling a $31 lead).

She answers. Very receptive. She's been expecting my call.

I do zero warm up. Zero presentation. Jump straight in...

What I do is ask you some general health history questions. Then I can match you with the companies that will approve you and show the best rate you qualify for. Have you got a few minutes to do that? Yes. (Damm, I wanted to leave. )

I ask her my basic fact finding questions, Cancer, heart, diabetes, lungs, daily meds, recent hospitalizations, bank account, etc. She has a few issues but we can still get her 1st day with several companies.

OK Mrs. Jones, let me research this for you and I'll call you back with your quotes in around 15-minutes. (I know this is a no-no for telesales agents but I always do it and it almost always goes fine for me. ) but before we hang up I forgot to ask, Do you just want coverage on yourself? Or on a husband too?

Mrs. Jones: well actually I want it for me (age 60) my mother (age 77) and my husband (age 72)

OK so I go through my health fact finding for the two others. All had some health issues but all were insurable.

I call her back in 15-minutes and just gave her a couple of sentences explaining 1st day coverage, guaranteed rate for life, etc. Then I ask if she has a pen. She does. I just blurt out the premium for each of them for $10,000 on each. (I know. Amateur hour. But I really just wanted to go home.)

She says OK. Can you mail me something?

I said: well the way it works is I fill out the application with you over the phone which takes around 20-minutes. Then I mail it to you for signatures and it will have an envelope to mail it back to me along with a voided check.

OK. That sounds good.

Why don't you and your husband and mother discuss this tonight and I'll call you tomorrow afternoon to see if you would like to move forward.

OK but I already know I want to do mine. Can we go ahead and do that one? (Damm. I was ready to leave) OK, let me go grab an application.

I come crack and we fill out the complete app. SS#, beneficiaries with FULL details, bank account number, etc. OK, I'll get this one in the mail for you and I'll call you tomorrow before I mail it to see about the others.

Well we may as well go ahead and fill out my husband's too. I know I want his. OK...same routine.

Then...you guessed it. Let's go ahead and do Mom's too.

I get home about 7:45.

Now I know those of you that haven't sold Lee's leads this way think there is a snowball's chance in Heck that this will come back and turn into a sale. The real phone sales guys think I'm crazy for mailing paper apps in the first place. But the ones that go like this have nearly a perfect record with me of being very smooth sailing. I can only remember one that never came back. And I've probably done around 25 this way. Some others I've sold face to face and some I've done actual tele-apps.

Lee's leads are very strong. Not all of them. Not most of them. But many of them are. You could never sell a regular direct mail or telemarketed lead like that without burning through a LOT of leads.

Yup you are crazy.

Sounds almost exactly as some of mine. Except I may have said let me work on this for you and call you tomorrow. You youngsters are real go getters. :)

Ok, I'm reading between the lines, gymguy is building himself up to have agency recruiting, he will make big money there.

Everyone's dream job is to sell In their underwear, gymguy, is positioning himself as the goto person, to make your dream a reality.

However think about it, if the Michael Jordan of telesales is making 2200 a week.........

Ok, I'm reading between the lines, gymguy is building himself up to have agency recruiting, he will make big money there.

Everyone's dream job is to sell In their underwear, gymguy, is positioning himself as the goto person, to make your dream a reality.

However think about it, if the Michael Jordan of telesales is making 2200 a week.........

It is far from my dream to be able to sell in my underwear. I'd go stir crazy sitting in my house all day, probably would just stay in the basement shooting pool, smoking cigars and drinking scotch.

I do not get that from his post at all. If he wanted to recruit he could have started with much less experience. IMHO

Back