• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

The Door Knock Life

I had a good Saturday - it was hot, but the heat was just starting to build and it was Saturday, so folks were home and some were still opening their doors.

Monday and Tuesday I got shut out - hardly talked to anyone and those who did answer the door were not too happy finding me instead of the adult toys from Amazon they had been expecting.

Yesterday I changed from my "shave and a haircut" knock to my good old "cop knock" ala' @reardon form my FE days. Instead of 11 sharp staccato knocks with the knuckles I reduced it to 9 ... these are upmarket homes, after all.

I spoke to a lot more people and they paid attention.

The heat does things to people.

Another change I made in recent weeks is knocking 4 PM to 8 PM for new leads while trying to set meetings and closing meetings at other times when possible. Starting at the beginning of June and accelerating through the month a lot of people returned (whether willingly or not) to commuting to the office instead of working from the backyard pool deck. Answer rates at the door during the day are about 1/3 to 1/2 what they were in May.

The real sweet spot is 5 to 8 PM ... people are miserable going to work and are happy to be home and happy people are nicer people. The big drawback is I am still working 60 to 90 minutes from home, so it is a drag getting home 9 - 9:30.

I now take Friday's off for the most part. Paperwork, loose ends, occasional client meetings - but no cold doors.

I still knock 10 AM to 2 PM on Saturday schedule.

Money never sleeps if you never stop knocking.

Yes answer rates are lower it seems lately. Since I’m hitting the doors of low income I’m leaving delivery receipts( about 50% min call back’s lately) and if I’ve knocked 2-3 times I’m even leaving a voice message ( Mrs smith i tried to deliver a package today and nobody was home. Please return this call so i can set up a time to deliver). That works good. Since I’ll knock 6 hard days this week I’ll only knock 3 max next week .The knocking is easy for me but what’s tough is the windshield time. Are you pretty much cold knocking a list or are you doing a 1000 mailer , buying the list and knocking those with a laminated card ?I’m knocking all DM leads so i can pivot to Aca or med supps if no interest in fe .

Are you pretty much cold knocking a list or are you doing a 1000 mailer , buying the list and knocking those with a laminated card ?I

I am door to door every door in the neighborhoods I have been working. I carry a steno notebook and a pen.

upload_2021-7-1_9-4-47.png

I am door to door every door in the neighborhoods I have been working. I carry a steno notebook and a pen.

Your pretty much doing like Edward Jones. So if your doing middle class your obviously running into a lot of ring bells . Even at the low income I’m seeing them . I talk to all ring bells but I’ve had very little luck getting people to answer . I just saw shake and stir screening being implemented by phone CO’s to screen calls . Technology could make calling leads very tough . Knuckles and incoming could be the future.

Your pretty much doing like Edward Jones. So if your doing middle class your obviously running into a lot of ring bells . Even at the low income I’m seeing them . I talk to all ring bells but I’ve had very little luck getting people to answer . I just saw shake and stir screening being implemented by phone CO’s to screen calls . Technology could make calling leads very tough . Knuckles and incoming could be the future.
We may have to go back to yhe old way. Approach everybody you get within three feet of but without the Ned Ryerson factor.

Ran some leads yesterday and then decided to have some fun in the hood for about an hour or so. Talked to some people had some fun but got totally dished and was worn out due to the heat. One of my worst days using shoe leather marketing in a long time.

...but I came home and weighed. I burned some calories and it was all good. ;)

Doors keep you on your toes, help refine your skills, and make you a master at presentation if you will learn. Not to mention, if you can keep form getting shot, it's upside is good wholesome exercise. :yes: ... and it keeps you humble, like me. :biggrin::laugh:

I talk to all ring bells but I’ve had very little luck getting people to answer .

Lots of ring door bells ... I rarely ring one though. I knock every door and a surprising number of folks with ring door bells answer. Maybe they want to see who it is who is too stupid to figure out that that cell phone camera hanging outside their door is a door bell. Seriously, I act like those things don't exist. No one has ever called me out on it. Now, I'm not saying they all answer, either. But when there are 250 homes in the subdicion what do I care if one or two homeowners are too full of themselves to answer the door because I didn't properly present myself on their ring door bell?

The best homes are the ones with the Vivint security signs and Vivint camera door bells. Why? Because all of those are sold by door to door salespeople. I love when I roll up on a door and they have Vivint security, Vivint solar, anything Vivint. It is an advertisemtn that they are comfortable doing long term business with door to door salesmen and saleswomen.

Lots of ring door bells ... I rarely ring one though. I knock every door and a surprising number of folks with ring door bells answer. Maybe they want to see who it is who is too stupid to figure out that that cell phone camera hanging outside their door is a door bell. Seriously, I act like those things don't exist. No one has ever called me out on it. Now, I'm not saying they all answer, either. But when there are 250 homes in the subdicion what do I care if one or two homeowners are too full of themselves to answer the door because I didn't properly present myself on their ring door bell?

The best homes are the ones with the Vivint security signs and Vivint camera door bells. Why? Because all of those are sold by door to door salespeople. I love when I roll up on a door and they have Vivint security, Vivint solar, anything Vivint. It is an advertisemtn that they are comfortable doing long term business with door to door salesmen and saleswomen.
What is your "typical" sale? Product, market, etc.

You have your note pad . Are you making appts for later ? Any 1 knock closes with middle class ? Around my area if a guy was going down the road knocking middle class somebody would call the police ? Police ever harassed you or questioned what your doing ?

…Around my area if a guy was going down the road knocking middle class somebody would call the police ? Police ever harassed you or questioned what your doing ?
Why? D2D guys are in my neighborhood all the time. Pest control, tree trimmers, alarm companies, roofers, you name it! (Oh, and the JW’s!) It’s actually illegal in my town without a solicitor’s license (which, by the way, is apparently not required for state licensees such as insurance agents). But most people just ignore them if they don’t want to talk to them, unless they’re a “Karen”.
tenor.gif

Back