The Door Knock Life

No, they won't. At least, they won't call them on me. Unless you guys live in the most unfriendly, crime infested "middle class" neighborhoods in the country, you are judging your neighbors wrong, imo.

I would, however, call the cops on @DonP for sure ;)

People post on next door about "suspicious cars/people" all the time and get 5 responses to "call the police". I don't know if they actually do though to be fair.

So what if they call the law? You are not doing anything illegal. Simply tell them what you are doing, show your license and move on.

Trespassing?

spend two years in Vegas... Dry heat is hot!:yes:... The heat in an air fryer is "dry heat" but will cook a chicken and the heat in the desert will cook an agent. :wideeyed:

Anything over 105 is just straight hot, no matter what the humidity is.

But the 90s in the shade in humidity vs. dry is a world of difference.

People post on next door about "suspicious cars/people" all the time and get 5 responses to "call the police".

The key is not to be "suspicious."

In addition to avoiding the behaviors cited by @DHK I would add that I tell them my name (first only), who I am with, and what I am talking to their neighbors about. I have a copy of my insurance license handy (never once have I been asked to show it). I wear "business casual - the light blue polo shirts pictured above and dress khaki's with clean, comfortable hiking shoes ... I never wear shorts. I have no tattoos and no piercings. I travel light - a steno pad and a pen. If I'm on the prowl specifically for FE business, then I do carry a small leather messenger bag, aka "man purse" that has my iPad inside with everything loaded onto it I need to do business.

I always act like I belong. I do not look around to see who might be watching me. I walk upright and with confidence and I do not hesitate at the door. I go right at it, knock with my knuckles, and step back a good six to eight feet. Also, I really am not tryng to get in right then and there. In fact, when they say I don't have time right now" I say "Neither do I! Time is my only obstacle. Let's set up a time we can both meet for a quick and casual 20 minutes - I promise, I won't try to sell you anything at out meeting and there is absolutely no cost or obligation.

My goal is a fact find, not an application.

I had one lady tell me she was calling the cops.

In the one township I have been knocking, I now have three local police officers :policeman:

as clients. Two from door knocks and the third was referred by one of the other two. And I knew in both cases that I was knocking a police officers home because their marked vehicles were in their driveways ... that was a real tell that they were home :yes:

Frankly, I'd like to have someone call the police on me and have one of those three roll up on me. I think they'd help me get the appointment ;)

Trespassing?

So long as you left the person' property when it was requested, whether explicitly or implicitly, I doubt a police officer would slap you with a trespassing citation. But, I'm not a cop, so who knows. Most of the cops I've met in my life have been pretty nice guys.

The key is not to be "suspicious."

In addition to avoiding the behaviors cited by @DHK I would add that I tell them my name (first only), who I am with, and what I am talking to their neighbors about. I have a copy of my insurance license handy (never once have I been asked to show it). I wear "business casual - the light blue polo shirts pictured above and dress khaki's with clean, comfortable hiking shoes ... I never wear shorts. I have no tattoos and no piercings. I travel light - a steno pad and a pen. If I'm on the prowl specifically for FE business, then I do carry a small leather messenger bag, aka "man purse" that has my iPad inside with everything loaded onto it I need to do business.

I always act like I belong. I do not look around to see who might be watching me. I walk upright and with confidence and I do not hesitate at the door. I go right at it, knock with my knuckles, and step back a good six to eight feet. Also, I really am not tryng to get in right then and there. In fact, when they say I don't have time right now" I say "Neither do I! Time is my only obstacle. Let's set up a time we can both meet for a quick and casual 20 minutes - I promise, I won't try to sell you anything at out meeting and there is absolutely no cost or obligation.

My goal is a fact find, not an application.

I had one lady tell me she was calling the cops.

In the one township I have been knocking, I now have three local police officers :policeman:

as clients. Two from door knocks and the third was referred by one of the other two. And I knew in both cases that I was knocking a police officers home because their marked vehicles were in their driveways ... that was a real tell that they were home :yes:

Frankly, I'd like to have someone call the police on me and have one of those three roll up on me. I think they'd help me get the appointment ;)

So long as you left the person' property when it was requested, whether explicitly or implicitly, I doubt a police officer would slap you with a trespassing citation. But, I'm not a cop, so who knows. Most of the cops I've met in my life have been pretty nice guys.
Thanks for the info.

I live in a really small town/community and we maintain our own roads so even being around here uninvited once being asked to leave can warrant a trespassing charge. Not saying I've seen it happen, just that legally it could.

This is all foreign to me but I'm always interested in different methods to this business. I know several EDJ reps and love all of their stories/successes seemingly making money out of thin air through some "sweat equity".

This business is cool as hell.

People post on next door about "suspicious cars/people" all the time and get 5 responses to "call the police". I don't know if they actually do though to be fair.

Trespassing?

Anything over 105 is just straight hot, no matter what the humidity is.

But the 90s in the shade in humidity vs. dry is a world of difference.
It is not trespassing if it is not posted. If it is posted, don't go into that yard.

That’s actually a good idea . I have 3 branded Humana polo’s . White with green writing . Very cool looking . I have magnet United big decals for my doors and actually had people walk up to me . 4 hard hrs a day 5-6 days a week is good . Knocking 8-10 hrs a day is tough . Burnout in this business is very real . I didn’t work today and I logged almost 1200 miles this week .

Back