The I Love Door Knocking "December to Remember" Christmas Extravaganza Thread (powered by bacon)

I am using the Ordinary product. I agree that they are easy to work with, and even though I do not write much with them, they always treat me like a king when I call in. I have a great relationship with our regional director as well. I really can't say a bad word about them. But for the life of me I seem to have no problem with any other carrier's eApps or underwriting, but I seem always to make some fatal error when I try Columbian. I'm not criticing them at all, as I am sure the fault is of my own making.
I have never used their eApp.. I live in an area where there a lot of places you can't get cellular or internet service so I just carry paper apps.. I have used the FE risk qualifier a time or two to get a decision at the end but even then you have to send in a paper app. I write some of their SI term which is really easy to use but I have also had good luck with their ordinary WL plans...Both the New Century and the Caring Solutions.. You would not always have the most competitive product but if a person had to choose one company to place business with, they would be a good choice for the agent working the senior and blue collar markets.. The only complaint I have with them is the vesting restriction they have on the FE product..

If I lived in Bucks county, especially Southern Bucks closer to Philly, I'd work Philly full time. I grew up in Montgomery county, and if I still lived there I'd work Pottstown, Norristown, and maybe Phoenixville, though Phoenixville seems to have gentrified a bit since I was a kid. I'd also probably work Philly as well. I love working in the city.

I'm in Central Bucks (Doylestown area), not great for FEX sales as it's a pretty wealthy area. But drive 20 minutes down to Warminster, then further south to blue collar areas like Levittown, Bristol, etc those are much better.

If you're going to start using your health license in 2019 for Medicare sales, make sure you're appointed with Gateway Health for D-SNP. You'll run into a LOT of people in the ABE area who have it. They have a Diamond plan for the full SNPs and Ruby for partials. UHC is also strong. There are other carriers with good SNP plans, too like Humana, Aetna, UPMC and Geisinger. I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two others.

Last edited:
UHL has a high 2nd year, reasonably good 3-5, not so good after that. And they end after 10... Not near as good as Columbian..

Yeah, when I am comparing comp I look at the first year of course but also really look at the 5 year and 10 year total pay out. Five year weighing the most.

I am looking at a couple of my companies to decide who will be my main ones this coming year. Five and ten-year comp is towards the top of the comparison chart.

Yeah, when I am comparing comp I look at the first year of course but also really look at the 5 year and 10 year total pay out. Five year weighing the most.

I am looking at a couple of my companies to decide who will be my main ones this coming year. Five and ten-year comp is towards the top of the comparison chart.
Yeah... I am going to have to make some decisions.. I really like working with Columbian but they put that minimum of 20 policies in force to draw renewals.. Don't know if they will now combine FE and ordinary or if each has to stand on their own since they are separate contracts.. On the ordinary side, it apparently applies to only plans written from this point on. The older plans will not count as they are under the old vesting. You or your family could possibly be losing $2000+ per year income because of that requirement. At my age, that is something I have to consider.. Don't know how long I will be around but I certainly want my family to get as much as possible.. On the other hand, the new GA contract will pay 113% on the WL and 120% (so I have been told) on the SI term. That plus their high rate of renewals have to be considered when trying to balance things out... Things were so much simpler when I was captive and only had one company to write.. :laugh:

Did you get the notice on the UHL GI?. Going to cut it from 3 year ROP to 2...Might have to look at it since Columbian is dropping theirs.. Been a long time since I looked at the UHL contract.. Do they place a restriction on what percentage of your business can be GI?

Yeah... I am going to have to make some decisions.. I really like working with Columbian but they put that minimum of 20 policies in force to draw renewals.. Don't know if they will now combine FE and ordinary or if each has to stand on their own since they are separate contracts.. On the ordinary side, it apparently applies to only plans written from this point on. The older plans will not count as they are under the old vesting. You or your family could possibly be losing $2000+ per year income because of that requirement. At my age, that is something I have to consider.. Don't know how long I will be around but I certainly want my family to get as much as possible.. On the other hand, the new GA contract will pay 113% on the WL and 120% (so I have been told) on the SI term. That plus their high rate of renewals have to be considered when trying to balance things out... Things were so much simpler when I was captive and only had one company to write.. :laugh:

Yeah, I am getting emails to sign the new contract.

Think I will pass. I get about that with Sagicor Term plus renewals. Add the 15% bonus it is much higher. On SITerm UHL is at least that. I need to re-look at MoO TLE as it has come up lately on some comparisons. All can be done telesales.

I 'plan' on tightening up my primary companies this next year. The plan changes with all the companies is making this a good time to re-examine some of these contracts.

Latest posts

Back