Top 3-5 Go-to Carriers for New Agent

That threads 1 1/2 years old. I doubt many would have the same top 5. I know I wouldn't. Looking at JD's, he'd almost have a completely different list.

You have to roll with the changes.:yes:

That made me go back and look. The only change really is I would not have americo listed now. And I didn't have KSKJ then so I couldn't have listed them.

Even then I said 5 is too many.

That made me go back and look. The only change really is I would not have americo listed now. And I didn't have KSKJ then so I couldn't have listed them.

Even then I said 5 is too many.

I'm pretty sure you'd take Settlers and Monumental(lol) out of that mix. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure you'd take Settlers and Monumental(lol) out of that mix. :laugh:

No, they are sill in the same spot as always. I keep them in the car for the oddball cases where they might be needed. I've always had one primary company and then used others only the person didn't fir with my number 1.

That's the same advice I give to agents that ask me now. Pick one company learn them inside out and go into every home with the intent of writing that company. Use the others when the person is not a fir for your number 1.

No, they are sill in the same spot as always. I keep them in the car for the oddball cases where they might be needed. I've always had one primary company and then used others only the person didn't fir with my number 1.

That's the same advice I give to agents that ask me now. Pick one company learn them inside out and go into every home with the intent of writing that company. Use the others when the person is not a fir for your number 1.

That's some good advice for any agent, but especially for a newbie. We can only squeeze so much between our ears...some less than others.:laugh:

That threads 1 1/2 years old. I doubt many would have the same top 5. I know I wouldn't. Looking at JD's, he'd almost have a completely different list.

You have to roll with the changes.:yes:

Great point.

I see I posted in that old thread (less than 18 months old) - here were my top carriers then in May 2014:

-Transamerica
-American Continental
-Americo
-Settlers
-Lafayette Life
-Oxford Life
-5Star

Here are my personal favorites as of 10/2015:

-Security National (perfect all-around carrier for newbies)
-United Heritage (my preferred carrier to write with but prefer most agents get a little traction before picking them up due to certain nuances and APS potentials with sloppy underwriting)
-Standard Life (this replaced Lafayette once Lafayette raised prices and eliminated the 10-Pay non-med option - Standard is a much better choice for new agents, anyway)

Notice how many carriers are not on the favorite list? Many of them are not due to adverse-to-selling underwriting changes (Americo and 5-Star, specifically) and growing administrative frustrations (Transamerica mostly, Settlers to some extent more along due to the POS process).

Things are always changing in the Final Expense world and most certainly will change dramatically by this time next year.

Great point. I see I posted in that old thread (less than 18 months old) - here were my top carriers then in May 2014: -Transamerica -American Continental -Americo -Settlers -Lafayette Life -Oxford Life -5Star Here are my personal favorites as of 10/2015: -Security National (perfect all-around carrier for newbies) -United Heritage (my preferred carrier to write with but prefer most agents get a little traction before picking them up due to certain nuances and APS potentials with sloppy underwriting) -Standard Life (this replaced Lafayette once Lafayette raised prices and eliminated the 10-Pay non-med option - Standard is a much better choice for new agents, anyway) Notice how many carriers are not on the favorite list? Many of them are not due to adverse-to-selling underwriting changes (Americo and 5-Star, specifically) and growing administrative frustrations (Transamerica mostly, Settlers to some extent more along due to the POS process). Things are always changing in the Final Expense world and most certainly will change dramatically by this time next year.

Reardon dropping knowledge!

Always refreshing to hear someone share their opinion based on experience AND addressing the op's question (as opposed to belittling and Internet forum muscle flexing).

Bravo!

Back