Twelve Days and It's All Over but the Crying

No more care free days of getting people std. rates on FE policies who are taking multiple Rx for everything from dementia, to parkinsons, heart trouble, etc.

Soon to be gone the wistful mornings of writing multiple clients who didn't stand a snowball's chance of getting coverage with any other carrier.

Sitting down with a grandpa having a recently installed pacemaker and writing a $25K policy that gets issued std. will soon be a distant memory.

No more care free days of getting people std. rates on FE policies who are taking multiple Rx for everything from dementia, to parkinsons, heart trouble, etc.

Soon to be gone the wistful mornings of writing multiple clients who didn't stand a snowball's chance of getting coverage with any other carrier.

Sitting down with a grandpa having a recently installed pacemaker and writing a $25K policy that gets issued std. will soon be a distant memory.

Hahaha, at first I thought you were leaving the business...then I realized you were referring to ACI's script check.:twitchy:

Talking about the upcoming change with AmCon?

Hahaha, at first I thought you were leaving the business...then I realized you were referring to ACI's script check.:twitchy:

I'm sure nobody wants to comment much on it, but it is really going to be a big deal for some agents. I have a BGA that told me that he had someone writing apps on anyone as long as they're breathing and doing big numbers.

one more: No more eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while filling in all of the No's on the application before going to the hospital for signatures.

I'm sure nobody wants to comment much on it, but it is really going to be a big deal for some agents. I have a BGA that told me that he had someone writing apps on anyone as long as they're breathing and doing big numbers. one more: No more eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while filling in all of the No's on the application before going to the hospital for signatures.

See that makes me mad. I've always written people that qualified based off AmCons health questions. I always told clients Aetna was the last stop before you got to the 2 year ROP.

It's shady clean sheeting agents that ruined it for the rest of us.

I am sure I will get some heat here but I can't help but think the independent agent community is partly responsible for this. There are always a lot of posts on here about which company takes a particular risk when others won't. Does that not lead to adverse selection? When agents place all risks with one company, the good can balance out the bad. Some companies will raise their rates across the board, while others will simply stop taking certain risks all together.:idea:

See that makes me mad. I've always written people that qualified based off AmCons health questions. I always told clients Aetna was the last stop before you got to the 2 year ROP.

It's shady clean sheeting agents that ruined it for the rest of us.

This is almost certainly about all the rescission they were having. You have to believe they were sky high.

I am sure I will get some heat here but I can't help but think the independent agent community is partly responsible for this. There are always a lot of posts on here about which company takes a particular risk when others won't. Does that not lead to adverse selection? When agents place all risks with one company, the good can balance out the bad. Some companies will raise their rates across the board, while others will simply stop taking certain risks all together.:idea:

As JD has said before, these companies spend $100s of $1000s of dollars to make these applications. They know what they are willing to accept.

AmCon changed stopped paying on younger ages to offset some of this. Obviously it wasn't enough.

Now they're adding a script check. And most of the meds are for cancer, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's etc. They didn't change the wording on the app. This would lead me to believe folks were writing up a bunch of cancer patients and other uninsurables with AmCon.

Which of course, is true. I mean how many times have you been told that the "agent just said to say no to all the questions?"

Now I understand about the phi and they most likely are in on it. But those that allow us to replace either weren't in on it or had a change of heart.

Either way, it's the shady agents that caused this change.

Back