Twelve Days and It's All Over but the Crying

I'm sure nobody wants to comment much on it, but it is really going to be a big deal for some agents. I have a BGA that told me that he had someone writing apps on anyone as long as they're breathing and doing big numbers.

one more: No more eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while filling in all of the No's on the application before going to the hospital for signatures.

This is dangerous to the agent. Years ago, I knew a guy who, if he saw a "walker", would ignore it when selling LTC/HHC. He got in trouble with the Insurance Dept. for a totally unrelated matter. This small company decided to play hardball with him by cancelling his contract and cutting off his renewals. It was payback time. Last I heard he was suing them. Not sure how that turned out.

You would think that but their story was different. You think maybe the story was fabricated?

What is their story?

I know they told me on the under 60 comp, it was due to high losses on those ages. Someone came on here and claimed it was from their Med Supp agents also selling the person an ACI FE policy. I can believe that, their rates in those ages were higher, so naturally they were not going to get the best risks.

I know Alvin at Trinity has told me that he feels the script check does nothing for mortality. He feels it only helps with rescissions, which I can believe. Considering the cost, I'm sure he'd rather do without it, but I guess he feels it is better that than having to contest more claims.

What is their story?

I know they told me on the under 60 comp, it was due to high losses on those ages. Someone came on here and claimed it was from their Med Supp agents also selling the person an ACI FE policy. I can believe that, their rates in those ages were higher, so naturally they were not going to get the best risks.

I know Alvin at Trinity has told me that he feels the script check does nothing for mortality. He feels it only helps with rescissions, which I can believe. Considering the cost, I'm sure he'd rather do without it, but I guess he feels it is better that than having to contest more claims.

I got the story from a couple of execs at other companies The both said that they had discussed this with AmCon people at meeting and that they told AmCon that their mortality had to be sky high but that AmCon insisted they were not outside of the industry average.

In my own business that definitely true. I have the lowest number of death with AmCon than with any other carrier and I write quite a bit of AmCon.

This is dangerous to the agent. Years ago, I knew a guy who, if he saw a "walker", would ignore it when selling LTC/HHC. He got in trouble with the Insurance Dept. for a totally unrelated matter. This small company decided to play hardball with him by cancelling his contract and cutting off his renewals. It was payback time. Last I heard he was suing them. Not sure how that turned out.

I won't be shedding any tears over their new uw policy. They rescinded a policy of mine that "in my opinion" the rescission was horseshitt. I had the same client's wife collect on another policy written at about the same time with much stricter uw including an Rx and MIB Check. I haven't written life with them since that time.

If people are being written over the age of 70, they need to be able to count on the "immediate benefit" claim. Great day, you could be fine one day and fall deathly ill the next at that age. Poor old widows are not going to take on a giant insurance company over a $10k-$25K claim.

I won't be shedding any tears over their new uw policy. They rescinded a policy of mine that "in my opinion" the rescission was horseshitt. I had the same client's wife collect on another policy written at about the same time with much stricter uw including an Rx and MIB Check. I haven't written life with them since that time.

If people are being written over the age of 70, they need to be able to count on the "immediate benefit" claim. Great day, you could be fine one day and fall deathly ill the next at that age. Poor old widows are not going to take on a giant insurance company over a $10k-$25K claim.

I write quite a bit of AmCon. They were my second highest 1099 for last year. Behind only RNA and not that far behind.

I'm not too torn up over this change. I like dealing with AmCon. I write most of my med sups with them too.

I was more upset about not paying commissions on the 45-59 ages.This I don't like but more from it being an inconvenience that anything else.

From what I've seen of the Rx list it won't have much effect on the people that I place there. Of course they are saying that the list is a work in progress. I may change my mind in practice.

I write quite a bit of AmCon. They were my second highest 1099 for last year. Behind only RNA and not that far behind.

I'm not too torn up over this change. I like dealing with AmCon. I write most of my med sups with them too.

I was more upset about not paying commissions on the 45-59 ages.This I don't like but more from it being an inconvenience that anything else.

From what I've seen of the Rx list it won't have much effect on the people that I place there. Of course they are saying that the list is a work in progress. I may change my mind in practice.

I know you're high on Trinity...who'll be your #1 in 2015?

I know you're high on Trinity...who'll be your #1 in 2015?

It will probably be Trinity/FBL. I kep hoping for a change at RNA but I'm getting less optomistic about that.

My IMO has something coming down the pke that sounds exciting, {if there's such a thing in the ins world?}.

So, well see.I can see my self writing more Trans this year. I like to have a go to company. Just haven't found the right gal to settle down with since the RNA divorce.:biggrin:

It will probably be Trinity/FBL. I kep hoping for a change at RNA but I'm getting less optomistic about that.

My IMO has something coming down the pke that sounds exciting, {if there's such a thing in the ins world?}.

So, well see.I can see my self writing more Trans this year. I like to have a go to company. Just haven't found the right gal to settle down with since the RNA divorce.:biggrin:

There is always Settlers.... ;):D

"Writing more Trans" -- say it ain't so...

Why less optimistic about RNA? Have you heard anything of substance that they are doubling down on the tele-app process?

Back