Update: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) issued the Contract Year 2024 Proposed R

How can lie on the time stamp ? So if you say it wasn’t possible to get soa 48 hrs ago it’s ok on an electronic app. I mean face to face no issue you just back date it . Honestly nobody gives a damm about any of these new rules . What agents are scared of down the line will a carrier or cms use these new rules to term agents and steal ones renewals ?

The 48hr scope requirment only makes it more difficult and confusing for seniors to get information. Can you think of any other financial product that can not be discussed on the same day a client asks about it? Imagine if Mortgages were like that. Its rediculous.

I would like these 4 new tires for my truck. Well sign here and come back in a couple days and we will see what we can do for you. CMS is a bunch of idiots.

New Update:
Heads up! 2024 draft of the call letter is out. There are more changes being proposed to limit what the agent can and cannot do, as expected. Here are the cliffs notes from the email I just sent the MAG team. (Medicare Advisory Group with NABIP. Don't know what the MAG group it? It's an elite group of 19 select agents from across the country that work directly with CMS and various levels of legislation to provide feedback and affect change on behalf of our industry. I am honored to me one of these 19.)

Hi!
And so it begins...... check out page 21 and this proposed call letter is almost 950 pages!!!

For the agents:
  1. Bringing back the rules for 48 hours on a Scope of Appointment and no sales events after educational events.
  2. No door knocking regardless of if you have a business reply card or SOA
  3. No marketing of benefits not in service area
  4. TPMO must list all carriers they sell
  5. Add SHIPs to disclaimer as somewhere to reach out to for information
  6. Limiting used of Medicare name and use of Medicare card
  7. Add FaceTime and zoom to required recording.
  8. Adjust clarification for call recording to only be for sales enrollment calls.

I will say this yet again, STOP using the red, white and blue colors in conjunction with the word Medicare. Also, stop using the sample Medicare card or anything that makes it look like you are Medicare. (Yes, I am aware I have Medicare in my agency name. However, I do not use the colors or portray being Medicare in any other way and the majority of my marketing is to the agent, not the beneficiary.)

This document specifically calls out “The Medicare Store” and issues with storefronts looking like they are a Medicare office. The Senate Finance Committe requested examples of non-compliant behavior from 14 states, and they have examples from agencies such as The Medicare Store, Medicare Resource Center and a picture of a Medicare bus.

Source: Public Federal Register

You mean
Medicare Help Line (RWB logo) Commercial
EasyMedicare Commercial and the likes are about to get toasted?

In addition to the store front, postcards, and television advertisements, there are also numerous third-party internet sites with ‘‘Medicare’’ in the URL or a logo similar to the HHS logo, potentially causing a beneficiary to click on a private site when they intend to go to Medicare.gov or are seeking official Medicare information or access. Often, it appears as if the materials urging the beneficiary to ‘‘take action’’ are from Medicare or that these third parties represent Medicare or the Federal Government. With the increase of third parties in the marketplace, based on CMS’ surveillance and complaints received, especially through 1–800– MEDICARE, we are concerned that an increasing number of beneficiaries are being misled into believing the entity they are contacting is Medicare or the Federal Government. One specific example, provided by a Medicare beneficiary, is a postcard with the beneficiary-named address with ‘‘Medicare Notice’’ in large, bold letters at the top along with ‘‘Personal & Confidential’’ and ‘‘Important Medicare Information.’’ This postcard also had a ‘‘Medicare Information’’ box listing a ‘‘Customer ID’’, formatted to look like an official Medicare beneficiary number. This misleading postcard appeared to be an official document disseminated by the Federal Government. In our review of complaints received through 1–800– MEDICARE, CMS discovered other examples of beneficiaries who mistakenly believed they were calling Medicare rather than a private MA or Part D plan or its agent or broker, likely based on the receipt of a flyer using the word ‘‘Medicare’’ in a way that conveyed to the beneficiary that they must call the telephone number on the mailer. These complaints illustrate that the use of the Medicare name is at times confusing and misleading to Medicare beneficiaries.

Let the fun begin!!

New Update:
Heads up! 2024 draft of the call letter is out. There are more changes being proposed to limit what the agent can and cannot do, as expected. Here are the cliffs notes from the email I just sent the MAG team. (Medicare Advisory Group with NABIP. Don't know what the MAG group it? It's an elite group of 19 select agents from across the country that work directly with CMS and various levels of legislation to provide feedback and affect change on behalf of our industry. I am honored to me one of these 19.)

Hi!
And so it begins...... check out page 21 and this proposed call letter is almost 950 pages!!!

For the agents:
  1. Bringing back the rules for 48 hours on a Scope of Appointment and no sales events after educational events.
  2. No door knocking regardless of if you have a business reply card or SOA
  3. No marketing of benefits not in service area
  4. TPMO must list all carriers they sell
  5. Add SHIPs to disclaimer as somewhere to reach out to for information
  6. Limiting used of Medicare name and use of Medicare card
  7. Add FaceTime and zoom to required recording.
  8. Adjust clarification for call recording to only be for sales enrollment calls.

I will say this yet again, STOP using the red, white and blue colors in conjunction with the word Medicare. Also, stop using the sample Medicare card or anything that makes it look like you are Medicare. (Yes, I am aware I have Medicare in my agency name. However, I do not use the colors or portray being Medicare in any other way and the majority of my marketing is to the agent, not the beneficiary.)

This document specifically calls out “The Medicare Store” and issues with storefronts looking like they are a Medicare office. The Senate Finance Committe requested examples of non-compliant behavior from 14 states, and they have examples from agencies such as The Medicare Store, Medicare Resource Center and a picture of a Medicare bus.

Source: Public Federal Register

BOOM goes Medicare.com !

Back