Update: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) issued the Contract Year 2024 Proposed R

Why would the small agents need counsel if nothing wrong was done?
Caveat, not an agent.

There are regularly posts here from agents who have been accused of doing something wrong when they have not.

Why would the small agents need counsel if nothing wrong was done?
If you own 3rdbestmedicaragent.com and get a cease and desist order from cms or DOI, what would you do?

Fight with your life savings or layover?
Big corps like ehealth have $$, lawyers and the lobbyists

Last edited:
I see they took recording your client conversations away which was ridiculous. I know agents sending app links from Medicare center to clients to avoid recording. Send the link and the client fills everything out . So no soa needed . Many agents guide them as they fill out .

Big money always wins. Medicare.com will survive, its' the small agents that don't have the $$$ for lawyers who lose.[/QUOT
Big money always wins. Medicare.com will survive, its' the small agents that don't have the $$$ for lawyers who lose.

Won't put them out of business for sure but will ruin the special sauce of their business model of tricking consumers to think they are medicare.gov

Hello Duaine,
Nice report....keep up the good work. My only suggestion on the call recording: Limit the requirement to only once you start discussing a specific Part C or D plan. This could include both discussion prior to and during actual enrollment. But to discuss general information, during in-take interviews, etc. it should not be necessary. The rule could be as simple as the one we all know about when a new SOA is needed: If a new new product comes up not part of the initial SOA, a new SOA is done on the spot. So if a client wants to discuss a specific Advantage or Part D plan, you move to a recorded line at that point.

If you own 3rdbestmedicaragent.com and get a cease and desist order from cms or DOI, what would you do?

Fight with your life savings or layover?
Big corps like ehealth have $$, lawyers and the lobbyists

If I had a website for consumers and have had it for years, the very first thing I would do would be to ignore it! LOL. I would have to at least see a 2nd threatening letter from them before I would throw my hard work and money down the drain. Meanwhile, I would be trying to think of a work-around.

CMS is filled with idiots...yes Duaine, you can tell them I said that! At least they might start listening to the 19 chosen agents a little though. That would be the smartest thing they have EVER done. Otherwise, the powers that be at CMS are clueless about the agent side and how they actually limit us from helping people. This is because of their lack of knowledge on this side of the world and lack of experience in it. They know the "corporate" side of things and that's about it. Much like the bean counters at insurance companies.

So, here's to hoping that CMS will learn to look outside of their little confined boxes that they work out of.

If I had a website for consumers and have had it for years, the very first thing I would do would be to ignore it! LOL. I would have to at least see a 2nd threatening letter from them before I would throw my hard work and money down the drain. Meanwhile, I would be trying to think of a work-around.

CMS is filled with idiots...yes Duaine, you can tell them I said that! At least they might start listening to the 19 chosen agents a little though. That would be the smartest thing they have EVER done. Otherwise, the powers that be at CMS are clueless about the agent side and how they actually limit us from helping people. This is because of their lack of knowledge on this side of the world and lack of experience in it. They know the "corporate" side of things and that's about it. Much like the bean counters at insurance companies.

So, here's to hoping that CMS will learn to look outside of their little confined boxes that they work out of.

Some of us make 6 figs in mapd renewals and the cms is the master.We can call them all the names we want but their in charge . I know your not big in mapd and thats probably good . I’m riding this mapd train till the end

Latest posts

Back