Update: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) issued the Contract Year 2024 Proposed R

I see they took recording your client conversations away which was ridiculous. I know agents sending app links from Medicare center to clients to avoid recording. Send the link and the client fills everything out . So no soa needed . Many agents guide them as they fill out .
It wasn't "taken away" they restated it is all, you must record the phone call when making the sale, not setting appts and other nonsense.

We’ll that’s up for debate . Everything’s so screwed up . Show me were it says you don’t need to record appt setting ? We’ve all been talking about that the last 6 months

48 hour rule is nothing new. It stopped no one. During the Obama administration they added it, it didn’t hurt anyone. The last admin got rid of it.

I’ve also done hundreds of educational events and have yet to get one PTC or SOA during one.

48 hour rule came into being in 2008. Obama took office in 2009.

We’ll that’s up for debate . Everything’s so screwed up . Show me were it says you don’t need to record appt setting ? We’ve all been talking about that the last 6 months
It's in the document above, you will have to search for the keywords you are concerned about, i've read it, it's fine, I only write through email :)

I’ve also done hundreds of educational events and have yet to get one PTC or SOA during one.

Do you just hand out business cards and people call you from that? How many people do you normally invite to your events to get a good response?

Last edited:
Modifying the TPMO disclaimer to add SHIPs as an option for beneficiaries to obtain additional help;

What are everyone's thoughts on telling people to call SHIP? Doesn't CMS know SHIP only have a few employees and the rest are volunteers, especially during AEP.

I leave a biz card and a Medicare 101 booklet.
They fill out a survey which I guess acts as my PTC. They get put into my radius bob workflow to schedule an appt.

My understanding reading the new rules you won’t be able to approach anyone period . Certainly not to fill out a survey were you call them .

My understanding reading the new rules you won’t be able to approach anyone period . Certainly not to fill out a survey were you call them .

Where do you see that?
And what do you mean by approach? I hold educational workshops that people rsvp for themselves. I don’t approach them. The form they fill out to rsvp says and agent will contact them.

After the seminar I hand out an optional survey that says a licensed agent will contact them.

If none of that is allowed then I guess DM marketing won’t be allowed either.

Back