CMS proposed rule petition

I never got a lead or a nickel from my FMO. Perhaps one of those surveys could be done on this site to determine how many agents got assistance, what type of assistance, funding, etc. And, it may be helpful to know if an agent had to have 5000 MA clients before getting FMO assistance. It sure would lead to unprecedented growth for the FMOs that offered said services. And, maybe that would lead to more petition signors. ?

I never got a lead or a nickel from my FMO. Perhaps one of those surveys could be done on this site to determine how many agents got assistance, what type of assistance, funding, etc. And, it may be helpful to know if an agent had to have 5000 MA clients before getting FMO assistance. It sure would lead to unprecedented growth for the FMOs that offered said services. And, maybe that would lead to more petition signors. ?

My uplines provide MEdicare Center so I can quote and record my calls. I have recieved ZERO leads and ZERO marketing and little assistance. I get annoying emails weekly from Plan Advisors which must be(really don't know) my uplines, upline.
too vague and broad to be of any use to me. Discusses carriers not in our state . The other upline has not communicated a thing this AEP.....................

So you write 50 apps and they are going to give you back well over half of what they made? You must have a special deal, I write many times that and ask them to help pay for an ad and they turn me down.
Change your upline, I get money thrown at me all year long

If you dont think the agents are the next to get cut out of MA sales you have not been paying attention. This FMO override rule is the first shot . CMS wants agents/FMO's out of the MA business. Everyone calls 1-800 medicare in their world.

This really has already been tried in the under-65 market and was a massive failure. The average person knows almost nothing about insurance. Even if you give them the digital tools to do it themselves, they are genuinely clueless....to no fault of their own, as insurance is immensely complicated.

It would be like eliminating lawyers for when people need legal counsel, help, advice, and representation. The idea of it is completely and utterly ridiculously stupid.

Up until about 5 years, most carriers completely cut commissions for the under-65 market, for a few years. In your market, you'd be lucky to have one carrier that still paid brokers, and it was usually only if it was written during open enrollment....most wouldn't even pay SEP's. It was deemed a massive failure.

What happened? Most agents exited the market, carriers lost a lot of money, clients had no clue how to get help, and most people said the government was useless. Fast forward to now, all carriers pay agents just as much as Medicare, they all pay for enrollments during SEP's, competition among carriers is high, and it's a good thing for consumers.

Even in the Medicare realm, a few years ago, Cigna cut agent commissions to $0 on most of their stand-alone prescription drug plans. What happened? Most agents not only didn't write their $0 commission drug plans......

As a "reward" (middle finger) to Cigna, most agents also didn't write ANY Cigna policies at all. Fast forward to now, the commissions returned. Lesson that Cigna learned....brokers have huge followings, a LOT of influence, and REALLY don't appreciate getting figuratively slapped in the face.

It was probably some dumb d!ckhead with an MBA's "bright idea" on how to save the company money and make a name for themself, while of course, not being able to see the big picture of the backlash that would occur.

In the overall scheme of things, brokers are a very cheap benefit and weapon to have. Don't f&*k with us....you will lose a LOT of clients and money. Brokers aren't stupid, we talk a lot, and organizing under NABIP has been very successful thus far.

Last edited:
Obamacare added 7 million so far this year. From an email I got from healthcare.gov the other day. They're doing something right. I'm still waiting for Trumps alternative that never materialized.

What's they're doing "right" is simply a growing population that needs health insurance and has no other alternative, people losing their jobs in a garbage Democrat-led economy and needing insurance, and opening up health insurance qualifications to more illegal aliens that are costing taxpayers IMMENSELY with huge tax credits that they're getting awarded to get health insurance. Yea.....they're doing it "right" alright.

What's they're doing "right" is simply a growing population that needs health insurance and has no other alternative, people losing their jobs in a garbage Democrat-led economy and needing insurance, and opening up health insurance qualifications to more illegal aliens that are costing taxpayers IMMENSELY with huge tax credits that they're getting awarded to get health insurance. Yea.....they're doing it "right" alright.

100% Correct…people need health insurance and the growing population plus people losing employer insurance need to get their insurance from somewhere, and the ACA provides this. And with the premium tax credits…may people pay less than $100 a month for their health insurance. It literally sells itself.

Back