Valid Reason for a Lead Credit

insurehound

Guru
100+ Post Club
Escondido
In your minds, what are valid reasons for you to receive a credit on a lead you have purchased?

Should ALL contact information be valid? Another words, if the telephone number is out of service but the email may be correct, does that count?

How about if the lead doesn't speak English?

Just curious to see what your viewpoint is on this topic.

Depends on the lead and expectation.

If I pay $25 for an exclusive life insurance *internet* lead and the phone number isn't good, that doesn't do me much good. If the prospect doesn't speak English, that also doesn't do me much good.

By contrast, I've purchased aged internet leads and the experience with them is way more dodgy, but for the price and what they are purported to be, I don't think any refund (while nice) is necessary.

What's the rest of the context for your question?

Good question Josh...sometimes I find a disconnect between what lead companies will credit for and what the person buying the lead feel they should receive a credit for.

I have started with a new lead vendor and will be curious to see how they will respond. I'll leave the name out for now.

Just ran into several leads that could not speak English or their telephone number was not in working order. Neither of which does me any good.

I have also sent emails but unless they bounce back, you really don't know who's receiving those emails. If the lead name is Steve and your sending an email to "thehopper" at gmail .com...who really knows.

But to me, the telephone number MUST work and they have to be able to speak English.

I guess this is an age-old conflict.

Good question Josh...sometimes I find a disconnect between what lead companies will credit for and what the person buying the lead feel they should receive a credit for.

I think there are HUGE disconnects there. I've done lead generation for other agents (telemarketed) and always try to get the expectation on both sides in writing so if there is ever any confusion it can go back to that. For that reason I keep my leads in-house now because it's easier.

I have started with a new lead vendor and will be curious to see how they will respond. I'll leave the name out for now.

If it's hometown quotes I'm sure they'll do right by you. If not, we can add them to the list of every other internet lead vendor I've ever done business with (admittedly only about 5 others).

Just ran into several leads that could not speak English or their telephone number was not in working order. Neither of which does me any good.

What do you mean by "ran"? Are these internet leads or preset appointments?

But to me, the telephone number MUST work and they have to be able to speak English.

A very reasonable expectation.

Indeed it is :)

I have also sent emails but unless they bounce back, you really don't know who's receiving those emails. If the lead name is Steve and your sending an email to "thehopper" at gmail .com...who really knows.

I agree with you on the telephone number aspect. Many email providers do NOT bounce back email and dodgy affiliates know this so they put down a weird email address knowing it will not bounce back and if you are doing phone sales a telephone number is a requirement.

I disagree on the spanish speaking portion though unless your contract specifically calls for english speaking you get what you get...The person obviously is able to comprehend english well enough to have submitted the lead.

I know so lead vendors would say about the phone # that you still have email and a physical address to contact people by but I believe a phone # should be valid for the lead to be of much use for someone.

Just curious...Since Hometown Quotes says that prospects will be contacted by brokers in their home town, does that mean that brokers can only buy leads in their area. If correct, that's great. If not...well, I'll withhold comment.

I know I asked this a number of years ago but I forgot the answer!

if you call the lead and were told they died last year....

This reminds me of when I was on the phone with a lady. It was late in the evening and we were wrapping up a deal. I hung up the phone with her so I could send her the paperwork. after i sent it, I tried getting a hold of her for an hour or so to see if she got it with no avail. The next morning I called back and the person that answered told me she died the night before.....

Back