Valid Reason for a Lead Credit

if you call the lead and were told they died last year....

Well heck, the phone was answered, its obviously a valid lead........ Lets see, they don't have cancer, renal failure, HIV, yep, definitely good to go.....

If the phone number isn't in service that is no brainer and any lead service should replaced that. I use to work a lot of internet leads and noticed at least a third of the leads I got out of Miami were speaking Spanish and weren't much good to me. I assumed a lot of these people spoke English but were just getting me off the phone using no hablo. The reason I assumed this is because I believe the quote request form they filled out was in English. If I knew another language I might have some fun with telemarketers. If you are getting a lot of them I would definitely complain to the lead provider and see if you can eliminate zip codes with a high Hispanic population. If it is 1% or 2% and you are otherwise getting good leads I wouldn't sweat it.

I've been with HTQ three separate times. Currently on the third time. They are about the only company I would consider coming back to. The main reason I stay with them is how they treat credit requests. If you make the effort and can point out what is wrong, they are very good.

What used to really piss me off with other vendors was that fight over credits where I've spent a half hour confirming the lead was bad and they'd turn it down after 30 seconds. I would include where the information came from so they could check.

I had one two hour conservation with Bob, the one time it happened to me with HTQ and it never happened again. Poor guy had to listen to me give him all the sources I found that prooved the lead was bad that I had already put on the credit request. Bob has never doubted me since. ;)

An easy quick way to check an email address is go to facebook and type it in. It will give the person 9 times out of 10 if the email is real. FB is great to verify from as well. Listing class of 2009 from bubba HS certainly isn't a 59 year old man... I also message via FB to confirm the person sent the lead. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I will say this, if you put the effort in to verify and the lead is bad, when you fill out the credit request and list the info you found. They are a pretty reasonable group of people.

Oh, as far as language barrier... in my state it is illegal to contract with someone whom you can't communicate with. Haven't had one in a while, but again list it in your reasoning.

Good question & good info folks.

We list for agents the reasons we allow credit so we don't hide it. We actually call the leads the agent requests credit for & email them too!

We appreciate your business & thank you for posting.

Also, we are trying Josh out right now with leads for a certain market/demographic. Great guy to work with folks. He really knows his stuff:idea:

I tend to agree with Norway guy and definitely on the wrong number replacement. What I have done in the past if I were purchasing leads in my area is actually drive by the house at the proper time with a copy of the lead (if the number were incorrect) and speak with the owner... have written policies that way as well.

Back