Web Design, Why Does It Matter ?

All DOI rules? Zero - including the DOI.

Exactly.

Not only are there all 50 states, but there are all the different lines of Insurance. Marketing regs are specific to products, so annuities, life insurance, Disability, health, med sups, auto, home, commercial, etc. they all have different product specific regs.

There is not one person alive who knows it all. Much less a web design guy.

I dont care if they have designed 5000 insurance sites, they would still know only a very small fraction.

they don't necessarily have to know all of them off the top of their head as long as their website designs implement the relevant ones..... You don't have to memorize something to implement it into a design.

To address the multi-lines of business go ahead and check out these sites and look under their different lines of business:

http://www.suzannebrownagency.com/
http://www.eciagency.com/

But I guess I'm stepping on too many would be designers and wordpress guru's toes with this one. I think I've made my point.

Last edited:
Dead on. Just look at the compliance for MA plans. Not a webmaster's job. And JW,'I sold insurance for 7 years.

You're right its not a webmasters job. But if there were companies out there that specialize in insurance websites and knew the ins and outs of the industry wouldn't you want to work with them over just any designer.

I'm not questioning your insurance knowledge you probably know more than I do. When it comes to my business I prefer a certain standard... not a jack of all trades but maybe that's just me.

All I know is a lot of my insurance website clients are diving off monthly fee plans after they figure out that a template is costing them thousands of dollars.

"In California, the fine is $10k / piece of marketing material if the agent does not display their license number on it. Lets say someone on here tries you out and you crank out a crappy 10 page website, you may have just cost the guy $100,000."
John:
I've been to many "licensed in California" agents' websites and I don't always see their CA Lic # on every page. Some, in fact, don't have it anywhere. I know it's required but does each and every website page have to have the license number on it or is this just for CALI resident agents?
Thanks.

All I know is a lot of my insurance website clients are diving off monthly fee plans after they figure out that a template is costing them thousands of dollars.

But you really get what you pay for...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"In California, the fine is $10k / piece of marketing material if the agent does not display their license number on it. Lets say someone on here tries you out and you crank out a crappy 10 page website, you may have just cost the guy $100,000."
John:
I've been to many "licensed in California" agents' websites and I don't always see their CA Lic # on every page. Some, in fact, don't have it anywhere. I know it's required but does each and every website page have to have the license number on it or is this just for CALI resident agents?
Thanks.

It should have it on every piece of marketing material so I'm assuming it would be every page. I don't know about other states. But if it was my competition and I saw it didn't have the license number I'd be calling the DOI especially if that competitor ranked above me LOL

Last edited:
Back