What Next after this ?

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
I have just had a run with new business that I hope has come to an end. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote three apps in one day (different households) One was turned down becasue she applied with 8 different companies in the last year or so. The other two were declined for conditions they not not admit to when I took the apps.

The next week I wrote a young woman and her child after doing an underwriting assessment. I informed the company she had been hospitalized and was on a ventilator in Sept but had made a full recovery. While she was there they did a caesarean section and her baby was born two months early. The baby spent a week in neonatal ICU which is normal. He is thriving and the doctor says he in in perfect shape. The underwriter said he saw no problem with it and it should be issued standard (SI Term). I sent the app in and within 24 hours, they declined it.

Then the next week, I wrote a husband and wife. Policies issued with no problem and mailed to the insured. Learned last night that he NTOed them and got his money refunded.

Now I have one I wrote this week that is going to be returned. That is 7 polices in a row that I have not made one dime on. Before this, I don't think I have had a policy not taken in 20 years.

Wrote one today, 10K ROP on a 67 year old male smoker.. Wonder what is going to happen with it?

Rant over ... Thanks.

(PS.. My wife said this morning that maybe the Lord is trying to tell me it is time to hang it up and get out of the business :nah::laugh:)

I have just had a run with new business that I hope has come to an end. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote three apps in one day (different households) One was turned down becasue she applied with 8 different companies in the last year or so. The other two were declined for conditions they not not admit to when I took the apps.

The next week I wrote a young woman and her child after doing an underwriting assessment. I informed the company she had been hospitalized and was on a ventilator in Sept but had made a full recovery. While she was there they did a caesarean section and her baby was born two months early. The baby spent a week in neonatal ICU which is normal. He is thriving and the doctor says he in in perfect shape. The underwriter said he saw no problem with it and it should be issued standard (SI Term). I sent the app in and within 24 hours, they declined it.

Then the next week, I wrote a husband and wife. Policies issued with no problem and mailed to the insured. Learned last night that he NTOed them and got his money refunded.

Now I have one I wrote this week that is going to be returned. That is 7 polices in a row that I have not made one dime on. Before this, I don't think I have had a policy not taken in 20 years.

Wrote one today, 10K ROP on a 67 year old male smoker.. Wonder what is going to happen with it?

Rant over ... Thanks.

(PS.. My wife said this morning that maybe the Lord is trying to tell me it is time to hang it up and get out of the business :nah::laugh:)
You've gotten all of your kickbacks out of the way and won't have any more for the next 20 years. :yes:

Experiences like this is exactly why I got out of Mortgage Protection and started doing Final Expense almost exclusively.

Seems you are just writing the wrong companies. You give me their number and I will place them all and split it with you.
Some were ancillary health coverages but the first three were FE. I will see if I can dig them out and send them to you. No split necessary if you place them.

Back