What Was Your First Appointment Like?

That.

----------

Based on the very limited information we have. I can not see how a $15k IUL is serving them. Why did they buy that plan? What was that want?

Basically they are using those as their final expense policies. I'm sure the wife just bought whatever based on the idea of being covered but I didn't write them. The wife got them through her job (works for the school board) so I congratulated her on having the wisdom to set something up but showed them they were still at a disadvantage with regards to the house. I didn't want to tell they what they've done so far was incorrect... just wanted to get in the house as their go to insurance guy before I started going after current policies. TBD...

----------

Not to mention the IUL for 25K on the baby!

Can't fix stupid?

Yes... didn't want to go in jabbing. Wanted to work the relationship angle before I started shooting holes in their current policies.

Basically they are using those as their final expense policies. I'm sure the wife just bought whatever based on the idea of being covered but I didn't write them. The wife got them through her job (works for the school board) so I congratulated her on having the wisdom to set something up but showed them they were still at a disadvantage with regards to the house. I didn't want to tell they what they've done so far was incorrect... just wanted to get in the house as their go to insurance guy before I started going after current policies. TBD...

----------

Yes... didn't want to go in jabbing. Wanted to work the relationship angle before I started shooting holes in their current policies.

I do a good portion of my business off of relationships. In the relationship I am their Insurance go to guy. Not their buddy. When I write friends and family I am about business.

Reviewing policies in not about replacing every policy. It should be a review and recommendations. Unless those IULs have term riders and a premium plan to pay up the base I can not see that as much value to a young family with a child an mortgage that are not covered.

Put a couple short ideas together, email them to her and move on. If he goes back to work their out look may change. If he does not they may want to look at re evaluating the premium dollars. Either way not enough there to worry about.

I do a good portion of my business off of relationships. In the relationship I am their Insurance go to guy. Not their buddy. When I write friends and family I am about business.

Reviewing policies in not about replacing every policy. It should be a review and recommendations. Unless those IULs have term riders and a premium plan to pay up the base I can not see that as much value to a young family with a child an mortgage that are not covered.

Put a couple short ideas together, email them to her and move on. If he goes back to work their out look may change. If he does not they may want to look at re evaluating the premium dollars. Either way not enough there to worry about.

Very good stuff ^^here^^. I thought to myself while at the table that she had the wrong stuff in place but I couldn't be too blown back because she "The Wife" had the good sense to put something permanent in place even though there are better options out there. He "The Husband" on the other hand felt that they "his family" were good because he had insurance through the job... the job that he will no longer have as of July 31st of this year mind you.

I guess that's why I ranted and was so upset with this appointment. This is a friend but then again that could be the gift and the curse. Some folks just don't want to be sold (or buy) anything from a friend. Maybe that's the issue... he knows me:-) In any event, I'm over it. I'll reach back out at some point this week and leave my card... he knows where I work, but yes, I can't be stuck on trying to push/pull/drag this guy along. I've got more folks to see...

My first sale was a business I walked into, just happened to meet the CFO who was an ex - life agent. Did a term replacement and made $800. He asked me if I was going to ask for referrals (trying to help me). I told him yes and then didn't because I was so excited about making the sale. Over a 10 year period, I have made over $10,000 more writing his wife, son, and friend.

Back