What's Your Best Short Response to these Questions

I do always try to confirm what kind of policy they have and when they purchased it. If they just bought it recently that's usually the only time I consider replacing other whole life coverage. Replaced a Liberty Bankers policy last week and saved the lady $20 a month.

I do always try to confirm what kind of policy they have and when they purchased it. If they just bought it recently that's usually the only time I consider replacing other whole life coverage. Replaced a Liberty Bankers policy last week and saved the lady $20 a month.

What if they had the policy for several years and it is $10k in coverage for $100 per month. A new first day coverage policy with you is $110 per month for $10k coverage....BUT...

Her Reduced Paid Up will be $5,000 and a new $5000 policy with you is $55.00 per month? Or she can continue to pay $100 with you and get 9k in coverage plus the 5k RPU?

There are several different ways to help a client with insurance even if their policy is older.

Now if they had the policy for a long time and they don't qualify for 1st day coverage, then it is a different story.

I've noticed in the past yr my appt setter is getting one rebuttal more and more . People are insisting that they want no agent coming over and send by mail or email . We've used the privacy law response and several others like "it only takes 5 mins". What are some other rebuttals to this ?

Telesales.................we can take care of that right now.:yes:

I never really adhered to the notion that selling FE is a numbers game, until I started running DM leads. While I don't necessarily like it I have found the best way to work them is to say as little as possible over the phone. Set the appointment and then be prepared to take the bad with the good. Yes some of them will be a complete waste of time. Others will be ok and will buy what you have to offer. Yes it does sometimes seem like the bad ones come in bunches but over time they will even out. If they don't your probably in the wrong business.

The above statement is also a good reason to consider over booking your appointments. If you get a bad one just move on to the next one. If at the end of the day I find I had to miss 2 appointments because of lack of time, it was probably a good day.

What if they had the policy for several years and it is $10k in coverage for $100 per month. A new first day coverage policy with you is $110 per month for $10k coverage....BUT...

Her Reduced Paid Up will be $5,000 and a new $5000 policy with you is $55.00 per month? Or she can continue to pay $100 with you and get 9k in coverage plus the 5k RPU?

There are several different ways to help a client with insurance even if their policy is older.

Now if they had the policy for a long time and they don't qualify for 1st day coverage, then it is a different story.

Have to admit I'm not very good at doing this. For one thing, the customer rarely has their policy handy to be able to look at which makes it tough to be able to call their company to verify how much paid up coverage they have if any. In your scenario I would imagine they would have had to have had their coverage in place for 10+ years at least to be able to have half of it available as paid up. I'm also very hesitant to replace any coverage that's been in effect for over 2 years....that's just me.

I couldn't disagree more with that advice for setting appointments. The more you tell the less you sell.
Blockbuster once said people won't ever choose a machine over a store.

You should never stop split testing.

----------

Telesales.................we can take care of that right now.:yes:
Then everyone will tell you they don't give their SSN or bank account over the phone! LOL

Last edited:
Blockbuster once said people won't ever choose a machine over a store.

You should never stop split testing.

I have no idea what you just said but I do know about setting appointments for FE. Or any life insurance for that matter.

That was a hard lesson for me to learn because I talked too much on the phone and qualified too much.

A $400,000 a year producer told me that I had to stop that stuff. That pre FE.

Then when I got into FE every top producer told me the same thing. Say as little as possible on the phone and do no qualifying.

The quote, "the more you tell, the less you sell", I heard from Joe Cicciao 7 or 8 years ago.

Over my time in the FE field I've seen many agent come and go and most of those that went were following advice just like you gave.

That is a failed model for this business.

I have no idea what you just said but I do know about setting appointments for FE. Or any life insurance for that matter.

That was a hard lesson for me to learn because I talked too much on the phone and qualified too much.

A $400,000 a year producer told me that I had to stop that stuff. That pre FE.

Then when I got into FE every top producer told me the same thing. Say as little as possible on the phone and do no qualifying.

The quote, "the more you tell, the less you sell", I heard from Joe Cicciao 7 or 8 years ago.

Over my time in the FE field I've seen many agent come and go and most of those that went were following advice just like you gave.

That is a failed model for this business.

Over in investments, with a completely different demographic other than age, one of the guidelines for an effective opening appointment script from decades of testing is 50 words or less. That's even less than many I see in FE. Same thing, "the more you tell, the less you sell".

Over in investments, with a completely different demographic other than age, one of the guidelines for an effective opening appointment script from decades of testing is 50 words or less. That's even less than many I see in FE. Same thing, "the more you tell, the less you sell".

Yelp.. You have to keep in mind what you are selling.. When you call the prospect, you aren't selling insurance, you are selling the appointment. Every thing you say should be geared toward that goal.. getting to sit down under favorable circumstances to make your presentation to sell the insurance. Say just enough to get the appointment then shut up and get off the phone. This doesn't just apply to running leads but to any time you are calling to set an appointment no matter the source of the prospect.

Back