What's Your Best Short Response to these Questions

I have no idea what you just said but I do know about setting appointments for FE. Or any life insurance for that matter. That was a hard lesson for me to learn because I talked too much on the phone and qualified too much. A $400,000 a year producer told me that I had to stop that stuff. That pre FE. Then when I got into FE every top producer told me the same thing. Say as little as possible on the phone and do no qualifying. The quote, "the more you tell, the less you sell", I heard from Joe Cicciao 7 or 8 years ago. Over my time in the FE field I've seen many agent come and go and most of those that went were following advice just like you gave. That is a failed model for this business.
Split testing is when you try what your doing & track the results, then do the same thing but change a little part. After the same time period you examine your data & whichever one has the better result you go with it. Then start the process over again :)

I agree 100%. I used to use a long script & started producing more right when I cut it in half. But I kept this little part in there because EVERY TIME I say it and they say anything other than "yes" it's a complete waste of time! & by the way, I say this after I already set the appointment, right before I hang up. So it doesn't make me set less it just helps me know if I'll be wasting time :)

I shortened my phone script up since reading this and so far have set more appointments this week . Thanks!

Yelp.. You have to keep in mind what you are selling.. When you call the prospect, you aren't selling insurance, you are selling the appointment. Every thing you say should be geared toward that goal.. getting to sit down under favorable circumstances to make your presentation to sell the insurance. Say just enough to get the appointment then shut up and get off the phone. This doesn't just apply to running leads but to any time you are calling to set an appointment no matter the source of the prospect.

ha when I saw "yelp" I thought you were going to disagree.

I shortened my phone script up since reading this and so far have set more appointments this week . Thanks!

Nice, how many words?

How many words?

What hand do you hold the phone with, or do you use a headset?

On average how many rings before someone answers?

What's your close ratio so far on new script?

;) you know I had to do it!

Ha you say keep the call script short and direct but it's awfully long in my opinion. Works for you though.

How many words? What hand do you hold the phone with, or do you use a headset? On average how many rings before someone answers? What's your close ratio so far on new script? ;) you know I had to do it!

Hahah !

Robby - idk how many words - it's pretty simple now - similar to Jd s

I've never had anyone meet me at my car so I can't say what I would do. probably just leave?

I've had that happen a couple times at the door. I did just leave then.

Once sitting down I find their why. If their why was health insurance then I give them my card and leave. I don't do health insurance unless you're talking medicare?

Already having life insurance. That makes my day. I love for people to already have life insurance. And they had that life insurance when they sent in the card so there has to be a why there.

If they already bought since they sent in the card then all the better. I know they qualify and I know I can improve the situation.
Without being there no one can really say what should have been done or done differently.

Maybe have a mentor that actually sells FE would be a starting point?

Bottom line, there is no answer to your question. There's no "short answer" to situations and there are no canned responses that work. That stuff is said by desk jockeys that can't sell FE, haven't sold FE and will never sell FE.

This is a read and react business. Those responses got rid of the last guy. What sets you apart from those other agents? It will never be practiced and rehearsed replies.

That last paragraph...gem of the day. Isn't that true for all types of sales. ;)

That last paragraph...gem of the day. Isn't that true for all types of sales. ;)

I don't know. I've never been in sales before. But what I've seen from this business is the ones coming into it with all the sales experience selling tangible products and have all these canned lines to ues are usually the first ones out.

Yes, we're all being taught canned reponses. What type of answers get you an opportunity to replace all those people who say they already have coverage?
I start with their WHY? No WHY, no buy.

They had that policy when they mailed in the card. Why did they mail it? They had that policy when they set the appointment with me. Why do they have me there?

Read and react. There's no canned responses except from FOS desk jockeys. They are desk jockeys for a reason.

Back