Windows XP Diehards

Thank you all for the reminder. I'm one of those crotchety old timers that are slow to can change, content when things work.

Will be upgrading to 7 on al pcs. And if they refuse, well, I guess it is time....will try to refuse windows 8 for primary workstaions....what a learning curve and pos it is.

Good Selling.

Thank you all for the reminder. I'm one of those crotchety old timers that are slow to can change, content when things work.

Will be upgrading to 7 on al pcs. And if they refuse, well, I guess it is time....will try to refuse windows 8 for primary workstaions....what a learning curve and pos it is.

Good Selling.

It seems to follow Microsofts normal process of a crappy operating system following an ok version....So you had xp which was okay and Vista (crap) dollars it then came Windows 7 (ok) and followed by Windows 8 (definatly not user friendly to long time users).

What can I say:

Microsoft Browser Fix Includes Windows XP - WSJ.com

----------

I want to make it official, I was not surprised.

Microsoft Reverses Course, Releases Windows XP Internet Explorer Patch | Digital Trends

The company realized that the urging of Homeland Security, to stop using Explorer and use a different browser, FOR ALL VERSIONS of Windows, would be sending people up the street to use Firefox or Chrome (full disclosure, I use chrome). The problem with that, how do you bring them back after?

And that's the problem if XP users get beat up by the OS and Microsoft, they may or may not stick with Microsoft. Who is to say they won't go with a Mac or Linux box, that runs Windows emulators.

Last edited:
Back