Feedback on Equis Financial?

Great thoughts. Higher comp and cheaper leads. Who knows? A variety of great carriers are crucial too. Personal production is essential for right now money... and residual income of course. As my manager says to newbies, stay in this business for 18 months and you'll never look back!
Building an agency in depth is brings long-term income security.

I'm sold on the support I receive now.
If I'm ever looking to make a move, I'll reach out to you.

My real point in responding though is to correct some misinformation that seems to be circulating on this board. Thanks

Awesome! ya mean like I can get killer support? All that with top comp?

You almost have to be certified dumb to even consider them-

As usual, the lack of professionalism here astounds me. I came into this forum last year to contribute and to learn as well. However most of what I see consists of people bashing each other and walking around like a banty rooster sticking it's chest out. How juvenile. I wouldn't join your business if you paid me 200% commission. Let's elevate the profession guys and help people grow. I can see why people contact me and tell me to not waste my time on these boards.

As usual, the lack of professionalism here astounds me. I came into this forum last year to contribute and to learn as well. However most of what I see consists of people bashing each other and walking around like a banty rooster sticking it's chest out. How juvenile. I wouldn't join your business if you paid me 200% commission. Let's elevate the profession guys and help people grow. I can see why people contact me and tell me to not waste my time on these boards.

Hey I had a real response. Lower comp, higher leads vs higher comp and cheaper (but higher quality) leads.

Your rebuttal was having the right company lineup. We offer way more companies than Equis, so that's not the case.

I'm just trying to have a logical conversation. Most agents drinking the koolaid at the MLM churn and burn shops are blind to logic. Those with an open mind eventually see that the grass is way greener on the other side.

Hey I had a real response. Lower comp, higher leads vs higher comp and cheaper (but higher quality) leads.

Your rebuttal was having the right company lineup. We offer way more companies than Equis, so that's not the case.

I'm just trying to have a logical conversation. Most agents drinking the koolaid at the MLM churn and burn shops are blind to logic. Those with an open mind eventually see that the grass is way greener on the other side.

Truth! !

I can only think of two reasons why a person would work for an organization with those contracts and lead costs.

1. lack of knowledge; they don't know any better or can't understand the math

2. lack of self confidence; they just don't believe in their sales ability

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make her drink it. seems to fit quite well.

Hey guys,

Equis will release any agent with no objection. If you don't want to be there, they don't want you. They also do not keep recurring annual commissions as some have stated. Never have, never will.

They do offer a great bonus structure with increasing manager bonuses. One thing that particularly sets Equis apart is the Equity Bonus. I don't know of too many companies that offer an Equity Bonus that will allow you as a manager to over-ride the entire company.

As for leads - leads across the board with companies I've checked out average $30 - $70, some higher, a few lower for fresh leads. At $41 per fresh lead, that puts Equis on the low end! It's $600 or more to do your own 1000 piece mailing with 1/2 = 1% return. I'll take advantage of the leads Equis offers from $2 - $40's any day!

I have found great support from not only my manager as I build my agency but across the board from anyone I've reached out for. I have no doubt that I'll get alot of negative feedback here but I'm open to discussing, not dissing anything I've said and will be happy to connect you with people far more experienced than I who can answer you questions and these untrue comments.
Let's do our best to keep it professional here and verify our information before we put it out there. Good video Doug, by the way. I enjoy your training.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the compliment:biggrin:

I decided to investigate into your company this week.

Had my wife call and explain that she is an experienced producer, capable of writing 12-15,000 in AP every month! Yes, this is true as she is a very capable writing agent.

When she inquired about carrier levels and leads she got a back and forth answer that went on for days. In no way was she given a straight answer and in the end, was left feeling like all you wanted to do was offer her a SUBPAR commission with a Lead that would be resold if she didn't sell it in a specific amount of time.

In no way are your carrier levels or lead costs worth the support that you claim to get as you can get MUCH BETTER, just by calling me.. or pretty much anyone else... lol

Have a wonderful day!

...CUT...

As for leads - leads across the board with companies I've checked out average $30 - $70, some higher, a few lower for fresh leads. At $41 per fresh lead, that puts Equis on the low end! It's $600 or more to do your own 1000 piece mailing with 1/2 = 1% return. I'll take advantage of the leads Equis offers from $2 - $40's any day!

...CUT...

Sue,
Equis is not on the low end for leads. More importantly, Equis agents "rent" their fresh leads. My last direct mail lead order netted me 55 leads (a cost of less than $34.00 per lead) AND I own them! I don't have to worry about a MLM IMO re-renting them out as an aged lead in 5 weeks (or so) to numerous other agents.

Have you done any of your own lead mailings, so you could speak from a position of actual knowledge regarding return rates you've experienced? Or, are you just serving up Equis kool-aid as a way to justify their high lead cost? The fact is Equis, Symmetry, N.A.A., etc. all make a profit from selling leads.

There are places that offer training and low contracts but won't charge you for leads.:idea: Steer clear of that Equis, that's a ridiculous ripoff! Some of the guys on here can provide a great education and a low risk, reasonably priced pay per lead program.

I'd love to get some contacts. I was also looking at Equis but really had no intention of going that direction. I've got the capital and was thinking what makes Equis special? What's required to work directly with multiple carriers and have sales agents under you? Not that i have a problem with a hierarchy, however I'm a business man and not willing to give that big a piece of the pie let alone the long term residuals. I'm open for some help here.

I'd love to get some contacts. I was also looking at Equis but really had no intention of going that direction. I've got the capital and was thinking what makes Equis special? What's required to work directly with multiple carriers and have sales agents under you? Not that i have a problem with a hierarchy, however I'm a business man and not willing to give that big a piece of the pie let alone the long term residuals. I'm open for some help here.

You need to talk Ben! No reason to start recruiting off the start. Not even a smart business decision. These churn and burn agencies do that to keep a buffer between them and chargeback rollups.

Having multiple companies off the start is the benefit of being Indy, but you'll want an upline that can show you how to pick a go to and a few other carriers to fill the holes off the start.

Learn those companies backward and forward and then you can add on others. Then once you have that down, you can look to add the other long term renewal generating products if you want.

Focus on one thing, master it and the success will follow.

Back