First "pitch Book"

InsKid

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
After my first 4 appointments just winging it, I'm putting together a few pages I might laminate or put in a binder which I can use as a "pitch book".

Can some of you successful veterans give my page ideas or share what you have done?

I think one page will show how expensive funerals and burials are these days and how much they could go up in the next 10 years. Also, a few basic points showing why Whole Life trumps Term Life for final expenses. Probably the basic 4 questions every prospect wonders too.

Do I need the phone numbers of all the cable TV carriers in the area and their latest deals?

Seriously, any advice or suggestions would be great, I can give my email address too if you have any samples to share. I've already received a few pages from a few of you who were willing to help me get started and I thank you for getting me headed in the right direction.

Richard

After my first 4 appointments just winging it, I'm putting together a few pages I might laminate or put in a binder which I can use as a "pitch book".

Can some of you successful veterans give my page ideas or share what you have done?

I think one page will show how expensive funerals and burials are these days and how much they could go up in the next 10 years. Also, a few basic points showing why Whole Life trumps Term Life for final expenses. Probably the basic 4 questions every prospect wonders too.

Do I need the phone numbers of all the cable TV carriers in the area and their latest deals?

Seriously, any advice or suggestions would be great, I can give my email address too if you have any samples to share. I've already received a few pages from a few of you who were willing to help me get started and I thank you for getting me headed in the right direction.

Richard

I sure hope your joking about the cable tv deals....I can see you doing more cable work than insurance work.

Richard

Yes Kiddo, you definitely need a list with pricing/promotions/phone #'s for all the local(area you work) cable companies.:)

He was joking about that. Spoke to him yesterday at length. He was referencing that gflo post from last week where he said he called the cable company to lower ppls cable bills

He was joking about that. Spoke to him yesterday at length. He was referencing that gflo post from last week where he said he called the cable company to lower ppls cable bills

Thanks again, after our conversation and another one with Ben from here on the forum I went out and made my first sale. Hopefully, I'm making another today. Maybe I don't need a pitch book but the concept of having something the show the prospect sounds good to me as a beginner.

Definitely kidding on the cable stuff, lol

My first sale was amazing, she will pay $101 per month and said I touched her heart over the telephone because she usually just hangs up on telemarketers. I got the phone number from Josh at list shack.

Richard

I think one page will show how expensive funerals and burials are these days and how much they could go up in the next 10 years.
This kind of stuff isn't very effective, because it's LOGIC based. Nobody cares. People don't buy logically, they buy emotionally.

Here's the point: don't focus on the cost - focus on who's going to stroke a check when they die.

Thanks again, after our conversation and another one with Ben from here on the forum I went out and made my first sale. Hopefully, I'm making another today. Maybe I don't need a pitch book but the concept of having something the show the prospect sounds good to me as a beginner.

Definitely kidding on the cable stuff, lol

My first sale was amazing, she will pay $101 per month and said I touched her heart over the telephone because she usually just hangs up on telemarketers. I got the phone number from Josh at list shack.

Richard

Are you sure her heart's all you touched?:laugh:

Here's the point: don't focus on the cost - focus on who's going to stroke a check when they die.

Thanks Moonlight, In the few presentations I've done, I have tried to get them talking about that every time.

In fact I just made my 2nd sale today, and his daughter Veronica is going to write the check when Fernando dies. He bought an Americo UP1 for $59.11 per month so Veronica will have $8,000 to write the check. I love that little sliding quoter to give quick pricing.

He is 70 in almost perfect health, His $100,000 term policy just went from $55 a month to $576 per month, No joking, it's an AIG term life policy he bought when he was 40. The letter he showed me says that AIG will change his ACH withdraw to paper billing so the new larger payment won't overdraw his checking account, how thoughtful of them. He really likes the sound of guaranteed whole life instead of term now.

I used a combination of what Gooner and Ben explained to me over the phone yesterday. They both were very generous with their time answering me rookie questions. Before talking to them, I was zero for 3, after an hour with each I'm 2 for 2. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not an oncoming train. I've also got ton some good free info off the FEX contracting website.

Richard

Back