GI: Everybody Makes A Big Issue About GI

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
It pays as earned,lots of charge backs.
LH will take most apps written GI as modified,pay 40% advance. They'll take someone in a wheel chair,on oxygen,dialysis......
Why not have LH in your tool bag for this fit ?
I am in no way an advocate for LH,nor am I contracted with them. I am indy with street level like most on this forum.
Please help me understand.

LH will take most apps written GI as modified,pay 40% advance. They'll take someone in a wheel chair,on oxygen,dialysis......
I am in no way an advocate for LH,nor am I contracted with them. I am indy with street level like most on this forum.

The whole "true GI" v "fake GI" is a non issue to me. It is all life insurance. Just finding the right tool for the job.

I write GI and have pretty good luck with it. I have had one maybe two deaths inside the two years.

I'm confused???

Writing modified plans does not cut your advance with LH. They cut commissions %20 for modified plans but the advance would still be the same % as a standard.

The only thing that effects the advance is the payment method.

Excuse me,you are absoltely correct. I meant to say 75% advance of 40% contact modified on LH. that's more than you make going as earned on GI with other carriers like Gerber.
I'm running into lots of stuff that's GI,modified,and getting declines too.

Excuse me,you are absoltely correct. I meant to say 75% advance of 40% contact modified on LH. that's more than you make going as earned on GI with other carriers like Gerber.
I'm running into lots of stuff that's GI,modified,and getting declines too.

I prefer having SNL & GPM in my bag, between the 2, they will cover (and be cost competitive) 75-80% of GI or near GI cases I run into. The ones they wont or arent competitive, Id use Vantis or refer them to MoO. SNL & GPM pay closer to 80-100% for those cases.

Who makes a big issue out of GI?

It's such a small part of the FE market it's not worth getting worked up about.

Your right about that.......My upline wanted me to add Gerber,I'm not getting with them. I thought it might be a good idea to get LH since they pay modified,and advance on insureds that go GI with the carriers most indy agents use.

Must just be my neck of the woods but I between 1 and 3 a week

I run into to 1-3 a week that other agents have offered GI to because they didn't have anything else to offer or they didn't know any better.

I can't imagine running into that many people truly needing GI. I've 10-12 appointments per week for over 5 years now in the FE market and run into maybe 2 a month that truly has to have GI. It's a simple matter of giving them the phone number to MoO.

Back