I Will Never Do Business with Transamerica Again

MatthewC

Expert
I will never do business with Transamerica Again

Wrote an application last December. They missed the billing date on the Auto bill. In Feb they acknowledged the mistake and said they would correct and bill for two months in March.
Same happened in March. Then they said they would re-date the policy so as not to charge her from Dec -March. In April, they missed the billing again and again admitted it was their error.

Rather than put the client though charges of multiple past months, I canceled the application and re-wrote a new one. Met with client and re-did everything and sent it in 5/26

I got an email today saying that they believe only 1 page of the application is new (the signature page), all the rest looks the same. The only thing that was the same was the FAX Cover sheet. Everything else has been re-done from scratch and all signatures were new.

But -- their email to me has no contact info for new business and the person that made this incorrect determination. They don't answer the phone and keep sending me to the web site.

This was my first app with Transamerica ...
Is this normal for them?

Wrote an application last December. They missed the billing date on the Auto bill. In Feb they acknowledged the mistake and said they would correct and bill for two months in March.
Same happened in March. Then they said they would re-date the policy so as not to charge her from Dec -March. In April, they missed the billing again and again admitted it was their error.

Rather than put the client though charges of multiple past months, I canceled the application and re-wrote a new one. Met with client and re-did everything and sent it in 5/26

I got an email today saying that they believe only 1 page of the application is new (the signature page), all the rest looks the same. The only thing that was the same was the FAX Cover sheet. Everything else has been re-done from scratch and all signatures were new.

But -- their email to me has no contact info for new business and the person that made this incorrect determination. They don't answer the phone and keep sending me to the web site.

Is this normal for them?

That's not cool. Can't you place her with another company?

Is this normal for them?

Yeah, anytime there is a small issue, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and it can easily turn into a nightmare with them. I had a similar issue when I screwed up and applied for a client with the wrong age.

1. Why did you use the same Cover Sheet?
2. Why in the world would you put the client back with them after they screwed them up in the first place?
3. What was the health issue that led to you putting them with Transamerica?

I say the same thing at least three times a month. I hate them too. But I've still written more business with them this year than any other carrier LOL.

I'm at over $80,000 for the month of May & Transamerica is my favorite carrier

You are obviously having a better expereince than I am, and others that are not thrilled with their service.

Maybe at >$50,000 / month your better service is intentional.

As far as
Most of the agents on forum are hitting $5000 - $10000 per day[/QUOTE said:
Well, that extrapolates out to $100,000 - $200,000 per month. Considering there are 841 agents online now and 66,634 members - I believe you may be exagerating a bit. I find it hard to believe so many agents are producing those numbers.

Still -- glad to hear you are doing well. I am envious. ;)

Back