I'm Just BURNT OUT!!

And you're BURNED out, not burnt out.

The "I don't know a successful agent... etc" is incorrect. I'm pretty successful at Medicare supp sales and I can tell you, I am indeed burned out. However, I have this bad habit of wanting to buy food so I keep working.

Rick

And you're BURNED out, not burnt out.

The "I don't know a successful agent... etc" is incorrect. I'm pretty successful at Medicare supp sales and I can tell you, I am indeed burned out. However, I have this bad habit of wanting to buy food so I keep working.

Rick

Grammatical police in da' house..

Coaching the Kentucky Wildcats.:yes:

For JD it would be some type of job associated with breeding and showing quarter horses. Being director of a quarter horse association, being head of a horse showing circuit, raising and showing them, etc. I figured JD won't chime in right now because he is probably at the KY game but I was wrong.

So, what would that dream job be?

I could be wrong - did you say in an interview that you almost went into working for a funeral home at one time?

Btw - This post isn't about looking for reasons "why" agents fail in the business..I like reading about experiences - simple as that.

I don't know what my dream job would be. But it ain't working for a funeral home.:laugh:

I was offered close to my dream job in working for the union but I would have had to move and travel all the time so that was more nightmare than dream. The work part of it was a dream though.

If I could make what I make now in the horse business I would be doing that.

Or, as Tom said, coaching UK!!:yes:

Burn out is real. I think I have been through it at least three times. Twice I changed careers and now the third time I am near retirement. The beauty of insurance is if you get burnt out in one market you could always punt into a different market. Tired of FE you can switch to Medicare or Annuities or Long Term Care or whatever gives you a change of pace.

Running 20-25 sits week in week out and 1k of windshield time will do it . Why do you think many top agents recruit ? Burn out is real. Take 4-6 weeks off a yr.

Burned out is a matter of perspective. I have a high school education, worked construction and manufacturing jobs until I blew out my shoulder and had a couple surgeries on it.

Cat piss, no shows, crazy people, declines, charge backs, door knocking and windshield time are nothing compared to working in 100° heat pounding nails 6 days a week. I am making a great living for myself and my family and have the freedom to go with it.

Hell, this is my dream job. lol

Maybe - you sound like a good case study..

Sorry to be blunt. It's just you have been asking a lot of questions about where to start or how likely you are to fail. You gotta **** or get off the pot. If you have the work ethic (and able to deal with disgust homes) you'll be fine.

Have you started in the field yet? What area are you in?

Back