I'm Just BURNT OUT!!

My dad was/is a successful roofer. You wouldn't know it if you came to his house though. He lives in a 4 bed/2 bath double wide trailer and drives a 2004 (maybe 2006) ford ranger. *Fun fact...he only lives in a double wide because I burnt his house down...accidentally though!*

My brother followed in his footsteps and owns a roofing business. I have been on roofs since I was a baby. (Dad literally used to nail my shirt down to the ridge so I couldn't run off). I was 100% headed down the roofing path and one day at lunch I was dared to call a number on a bulletin board in a store about buying a ball python. The guy I bought it from met with me a few weeks later and was telling me he had no idea how I could roof all day in the hot Mississippi heat. He then told me about what him, his brother, and his dad did...which was insurance.

He told me that you go to Jackson, MS for 3 days of classroom, then you take the test on Friday. That was the end of the conversation and the next week, I looked it up and went and passed my license. When I called him to tell him I had passed, he didn't believe me at all since I didn't call him or ask anything else before doing it.

I say this because anytime I am having a bad day, or get a chargeback, etc. I just look at the roofs as I drive by, and think about carrying shingles up the ladder, tearing off shingles, killing my back, etc.

My brother tells me all the time how he got a GOOD roof done. We tore it off, felted it, nailed it on, cleaned the ground, and was done in 4 days. And he cleared $2,800 for instance. I just think about all the times I walk in an air conditioned house, talk with people, help them out, and an hour later I made $2,800.

If you believe you will fail, you will!

If you think the next appointment will no show you, they will!

If you think you are driving too much, you are!

You can make this job whatever you want it to be, but attitude is 100% the most important part of this job. If you are struggling, go to your up line for help, but don't start out by blaming the leads, the distance to leads, the companies messing up, etc. Go in knowing you are probably the problem, and you can get a solution to the problem.

Ok it's bedtime, so I will answer the 1000 questions about how I burned my dad's house down tomorrow ;)[/QUOTEi
I appreciate Ben's rhoughts. 90 per cent of time my head is on straight and happy to be plugging. This is a good inspiration for thise ten per cent days that i am not as gung ho. Thank u Ben!!

Back