I'm Just BURNT OUT!!

Prtzl

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
The money in FE is alluring - In your mind it can take you to that magical place called 'freedom'.. Obviously this involves a lot of work - year in and year out.

Aside from agents not surviving in FE(for whatever reason) - how much would you attribute to just being plain ol' BURNT OUT! to people leaving this business? Would you say in this niche the burnt out rate is higher compared to other lines of insurance?

Any personal experiences to share? If you're feeling that way now, have felt that way in the past and how did you overcome it?

Are you writing a damn book or something? Who cares the % of agents that "get burnt out"?? If that is even possible to calculate.

Go write business and stop worrying about failing before you start!

The money in FE is alluring - In your mind it can take you to that magical place called 'freedom'.. Obviously this involves a lot of work - year in and year out.

Aside from agents not surviving in FE(for whatever reason) - how much would you attribute to just being plain ol' BURNT OUT! to people leaving this business? Would you say in this niche the burnt out rate is higher compared to other lines of insurance?

Any personal experiences to share? If you're feeling that way now, have felt that way in the past and how did you overcome it?

I've never seen a successful FE agent just leave the business. For burn out or any other reason.

I just remembered a very successful FE agent that left the business. he was offered his dream job of running softball in his state.

If I got offered my dream job I would be gone too. :yes:

Last edited:
I've never seen a successful FE agent just leave the business. For burn out or any other reason.

Exactly! Successful agents don't leave, however, most unsuccessful agents hang their hat on an excuse for leaving, rather than getting better at their craft. "I'm just BURNT OUT!!" sounds just as good as any other excuse.

Are you writing a damn book or something? Who cares the % of agents that "get burnt out"?? If that is even possible to calculate.

Go write business and stop worrying about failing before you start!

Maybe - you sound like a good case study..

I've gotten sick of this job a lot but it's still better than some dbag sitting behind me telling me what to do in some cubicle.

I'll take a week off if I get real annoyed with people

Been selling life and health for almost 40 years. Only once did I get real tired of what I was doing and that was selling term life from my home over the phone. Did it exclusively for about 5 years and I was ready for a change. Now I mix it up. 2 days in the field selling FE, might need 3 since I am now on a weekly lead order, and the rest of the week I see a Medicare Supplement prospect or even sell a term policy over the phone. I am in FL and just had a man in CA call me wanting 250,000 15YLT at age 69. Easy $2500AP sale.

I don't think you are asking quite the right question(s).

Look on youtube for a video of Mort Utley's pony speech.

(for following comments, note that I am in KS, your location would change the specifics of my response somewhat.)

If I chose to sell FE, I would have to believe that basically what Mort would be telling me is that there is not too big a difference between selling where I am or selling in TN, KY or FL. If/when I reached the point where it sounds like you are, I believe my first step would be:

There is an agent in Kansas City, who does not know I exist. I would pm or or call him and say "Hey, I am desperate. I am trying to sell FE. I am unable to get my head around the right way to approach the process. I have seen you post on Ins Forums that you will sometimes help folks, even if they are not signed up with your IMO. May I arrange to drive to KC for an overnight stay and ride with you for a couple of days to learn better about adjusting my head and the mechanics of FE sales?"

My second and third approaches would be to do the same thing with an agent in Oklahoma City and another in Texas.

I just remembered a very successful FE agent that left the business. he was offered his dream job of running softball in his state.

What's your dream job?

So, what would that dream job be?

I could be wrong - did you say in an interview that you almost went into working for a funeral home at one time?

Btw - This post isn't about looking for reasons "why" agents fail in the business..I like reading about experiences - simple as that.

Back