Telesales - Brutal Truth

If I read the thread correctly, it was actually one guy (NSRH), and thanks to VolAgent, I learned that NSRH is the owner of Northstar.

Now I understand why he was so confident about their income in 2016, :yes:

I was pretty sure it was him based on NSRH and the Missouri flag, he was kind enough to confirm it. We have a mutual friend, so I am familiar with Ramiz.

Knowing what I know, I do not believe they took home 100k. However, I feel confident they made a good living, particularly when you consider their education and background. I believe most are single mothers with maybe a high school diploma? Northstar isn't for an experienced producer. However for someone with no experience who will follow their system, they can definitely make a decent living. And yes, decent is relatively, although most would be glad to make 60k a year or more.

Last edited:
I dabbled with it for a few months a little bit last year but it was really tough to sit in an office and be a slave. I'm built for the road!

Am finding it interesting that the guys that came on here sharing about their success, actually run call centers... And the female agents that are successful are in their call centers...

Having TV Leads/Live transfers is the way to go but you can't do that unless you are in a call center environment.

I second that. It is much easier to be successful at this in a call center environment than alone, or indy, in your home.

There is a certain level of energy and synergy when you are around people.

Hope youre doing well Doug, you are the real deal face to face. No doubt about that. :)

----------

I was pretty sure it was him based on NSRH and the Missouri flag, he was kind enough to confirm it. I do not know Ramiz personally, although I do know of him.

Knowing what I know, I do not believe they took home 100k. However, I feel confident they made a good living, particularly when you consider their education and background. I believe most are single mothers with maybe a high school diploma? Northstar isn't for an experienced producer. However for someone with no experience who will follow their system, they can definitely make a decent living. And yes, decent is relatively, although most would be glad to make 60k a year or more.

Again, I totally respect your opinion, and it does seem you know a little about our company, so your assessment on some levels are correct (many single mothers working here), but I have no reason to exaggerate numbers or lie. So you can take that for what its worth. :) I only came on here to debunk the myth that no one is successful at telesales, its simply not true.

If you're ever in the St Louis area, look us up. You can speak to the producers one on one and hear what they have to say about their income.

Again, I totally respect your opinion, and it does seem you know a little about our company, so your assessment on some levels are correct (many single mothers working here), but I have no reason to exaggerate number or lie. So you can take that for what its worth. :)

If you're ever in the St Louis area, look us up. You can speak to the producers one on one and hear what they have to say about their income.

I may take you up on that.

And I have no doubt they are happy. And I'm not really saying you are lying, just so much stuff falls off and at those commission levels, it would be hard to do. Also, reporting of numbers plays a role too. Are we talking submitted, placed, in force after 12 months? Plus don't forget expenses, that reduces net income as well.

But ultimately, it doesn't matter a bit. I'm sure they are quite happy and are making more than they ever have in their lives. Isn't that what we all want in the end?

I may take you up on that.

And I have no doubt they are happy. And I'm not really saying you are lying, just so much stuff falls off and at those commission levels, it would be hard to do. Also, reporting of numbers plays a role too. Are we talking submitted, placed, in force after 12 months? Plus don't forget expenses, that reduces net income as well.

But ultimately, it doesn't matter a bit. I'm sure they are quite happy and are making more than they ever have in their lives. Isn't that what we all want in the end?

You are exactly right, and 100% correct.

Vol agent i've seen a lot of your notes. I've never actually heard you mention if you sell fe?Do you run face to face fe appts weekly?

I dabbled with it for a few months a little bit last year but it was really tough to sit in an office and be a slave. I'm built for the road!

Am finding it interesting that the guys that came on here sharing about their success, actually run call centers... And the female agents that are successful are in their call centers...

Having TV Leads/Live transfers is the way to go but you can't do that unless you are in a call center environment.

Live transfer TV leads is definitely the way to go. If you are licensed in multiple states and with the right system you can get 10 presentations in per each 8 hours....very easily.....all without cranking the car up.

Eliminates wasted blocks of time dialing when no one is home or avoiding you. Also eliminates wasted time driving from point A to point B to point C, etc. After all when you're driving you're not able to do a presentation....and driving doesn't pay, it's the presentations that pay.

SL now has it set up where agents can work from home taking live transfer leads directly to a land line in their home or office. Helpful on days when it's rainy or snow/ice on the ground, and when it gets dark at 5pm you can still take transfers.

Face to face is usually more fun though, except when you drive somewhere to have a no show, or drive around all day door knocking and can't catch anyone at home. Profit per hour is the true metric in our industry.

I just go by what I see on his YT channels and personal vlogs.. How can I know about the Ch 7's..

Interesting-must be a small world for you to know of him..

----------

:GEEK:

----------

Well, I do know the top agents for American Amicable (1,2, and 3) are coming from the same telesales organization and placed a combined $750,000 for 2016. I cant imagine them netting less than $100,000 each, even at a very low commission or purchasing their own leads at street.

We're talking about Final Expense here. How much of that 750K was the term product from AA???

I just go by what I see on his YT channels and personal vlogs.. How can I know about the Ch 7's..

Interesting-must be a small world for you to know of him..

----------

What? When was this-1970?

10211503-248624367_2-s4-v1.png

----------

i'm only three pages in but so far its a classic "it can't work if it isn't done the JDeasy way" thread so far.

9669931-248624367_2-s4-v1.png

Back