Ideal Concepts Inc

So random question salesgirl, does ideal concepts only do life and health or do they have p&c as well? Might be stupid question just thought I would ask!

pcbinsurance- They have those internet requirements because wireless internet is often not reliable. My wireless is quite reliable so it's not an issue for me. It's not a contract requirement, it's a systems requirement to make sure you are optimizing their CRM. Thank you for your very sincere concern though.

papercutter- I'm not Alicia Levell, who I'm assuming you are referring to. And she's also NOT their social media director. She's in Business Management, according to her LinkedIn, and has nothing to do with agents, at least not anymore.

northeast agent- She was in recruitment years ago. They now have 6 to 8 recruiters now I think, one of which is Joe Cocuzza.

boatnfun- No P&C right now. They did just dip into the Medicare field last year though.

Thomas Miller- A million thanks for that clip, I LOVE THAT MOVIE!

And with that, I am DONE with this thread. Too much negative and nasty people. Anyone who'd like to can direct message me, but I don't want to be involved in this at all. And even direct messages, I'm only on here once or twice a month.

I'm an overall positive, pleasant, happy person and some of the people on this thread are so disagreeable I can't handle it. Lord knows insurance agents come in contact with enough hateful, crazy, mean, rude, lying, obnoxious, unsavory, offensive, churlish, spiteful, know-it-alls in our day to day calls than to go out seeking more in the dark corners of the internet! :-) Peace and love folks! Have a great sales week!!!

Last edited:
If you wouldn't mind setting up a time to discuss Ideal Concepts I would love to get away from the bias and negativity on this website and see if it is a good opportunity for me. I have been contacted by Health Markets, USA Health Advisors, Combined Insurance, etc and have never found any interest. Ideal Concepts seems to have a more broker oriented business model. Any advise is appreciated.

If you wouldn't mind setting up a time to discuss Ideal Concepts I would love to get away from the bias and negativity on this website and see if it is a good opportunity for me. I have been contacted by Health Markets, USA Health Advisors, Combined Insurance, etc and have never found any interest. Ideal Concepts seems to have a more broker oriented business model. Any advise is appreciated.

Sorry if I come across as negative, but honestly, I used to work for Ideal Concepts and, while they do try hard to help their agents succeed, you will be working a market that is just not good.

Their agents are pressured to sell their overpriced supplemental products (with a $50 application fee, non-commissionable). That is the only product that really makes money for you. Their short term med plans pay low commission (like 16%) and are a tough sell since they're not ACA-compliant health plans. Also, while they claim you will have opportunities to cross-sell Life Insurance, their platform really isn't built for that and you won't be selling much of that.

From someone who has been in this business for over a decade, I would recommend you look into some opportunity to sell life insurance over the phone. Its just not nearly as tough to make a living at that.

Working at Ideal Concepts, Inc has been very beneficial.
As an agent the support we receive from the staff is of the utmost value. Weekly we are informed of the any changes or updates regarding the companies we represent. Thus making our business more effective and profitable.

So you'd rather give up commissions in exchange for not having to check your email? Because every carrier will send you any "changes" that you are worried about. As if that's a big thing.
But if you do prefer that, congrats, you're a generous guy

Hello salesgirl,

I joined this site for the sole purpose of asking you a few questions about ideal concepts.

I am a captive agent licensed in about 20 states with 10 different carriers. Currently only selling medicare plans. I was researching ideal concepts when came across your thread. You seem honest & informed about ideal concepts so I wanted to ask a couple questions.

Can you tell me a little bit more about what products & what states & carriers ideal concepts has the most success with? What is your bread & butter?? & How does Ideal concepts make it's $$? I know they keep the residuals but I also read something about a $50 application fee or a membership fee? can you elaborate? any other fees or anything one should know about?

You mention you can work from home and set your own hours but you must work at least 40 hours wkly. It also seems like the amount of leads you receive is based on hours worked. Can you explain this a little more? eg. Are x # of leads distributed every hour? Is their set shifts? or can you work whenever you want as long as you work 40 hours? How is time off handled? What if I want to take a couple of days or a week off, how would that be handled?

Any time you spend answering my questions would be greatly appreciated!

Why do you only want to hear from someone who works for them as a recruiter? No disrespect "Manwithaplan", but if you go into any endeavor only wanting to hear from the cheerleaders, that's not much of a plan.

Hello salesgirl,

I joined this site for the sole purpose of asking you a few questions about ideal concepts.

I am a captive agent licensed in about 20 states with 10 different carriers. Currently only selling medicare plans. I was researching ideal concepts when came across your thread. You seem honest & informed about ideal concepts so I wanted to ask a couple questions.

Can you tell me a little bit more about what products & what states & carriers ideal concepts has the most success with? What is your bread & butter?? & How does Ideal concepts make it's $$? I know they keep the residuals but I also read something about a $50 application fee or a membership fee? can you elaborate? any other fees or anything one should know about?

You mention you can work from home and set your own hours but you must work at least 40 hours wkly. It also seems like the amount of leads you receive is based on hours worked. Can you explain this a little more? eg. Are x # of leads distributed every hour? Is their set shifts? or can you work whenever you want as long as you work 40 hours? How is time off handled? What if I want to take a couple of days or a week off, how would that be handled?

Any time you spend answering my questions would be greatly appreciated!

I had vision of talking to 20-30 qualified leads per day. Reality is that when I have been able to get past the first 3 sentences of the script only a fraction have been eligible to do make any changes. They say that they are aware of the leads issue and it is getting corrected however I can't afford to wait for it to get better.

Back