DOI Investigation

Hmm, just curious, what was their proof? What triggered it?
Or is it just an allegation and they are fishing?

They said somebody I cold called complained. Said I was specifically marketing medicare advantage

so I had my meeting with the doi today. kind of hard to tell how it went. The complaint was for allegedly cold calling for Medicare Advantage.
It is basically the customers word against mine. I feel it could easily go either way.

There was an agency in NY that got a huge fine for that. But, they were basically never selling any Med supps, I think the investigator told me it was literally zero supps and that some of the agents weren't even contracted to sell with any carriers that offered supps. If you have a list of the number of supps sales you've made from that same marketing effort I'd be sure to point that out. "Of course I was calling for supps, off that same list I sold 8 med supps, this person asked about MA..."

It's still absurd to me that you can't cold call for MA anyway, but good luck man.

----------

They said somebody I cold called complained. Said I was specifically marketing medicare advantage

Florida is a two party consent state which means it's a violation of federal wire tapping law if they did record you. Without a recording it's a he said/she said and if you have a stack of supp production it show's a pretty clear picture.

There was an agency in NY that got a huge fine for that. But, they were basically never selling any Med supps, I think the investigator told me it was literally zero supps and that some of the agents weren't even contracted to sell with any carriers that offered supps. If you have a list of the number of supps sales you've made from that same marketing effort I'd be sure to point that out. "Of course I was calling for supps, off that same list I sold 8 med supps, this person asked about MA..."

It's still absurd to me that you can't cold call for MA anyway, but good luck man.

The closest they came to asking about my bob was "what are the main companies you are doing business with lately?"

----------

----------

Florida is a two party consent state which means it's a violation of federal wire tapping law if they did record you. Without a recording it's a he said/she said and if you have a stack of supp production it show's a pretty clear picture.
Literally 50% of my Bob is sups

so I had my meeting with the doi today. kind of hard to tell how it went. The complaint was for allegedly cold calling for Medicare Advantage. It is basically the customers word against mine. I feel it could easily go either way.

Did the customer have an issue with you that sparked the complaint?

Last edited:
Did the customer have an issue with you that sparked the complaint?

She said the person was supposedly an insurance agent that sold medicare plans...

She wouldnt give me a name or a date that the call was madr. So I have no idea who the person is

She said the person was supposedly an insurance agent that sold medicare plans...

She wouldnt give me a name or a date that the call was madr. So I have no idea who the person is

What a spiteful POS. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a former congressman.

How would another agent know other than heresay?

Nice! That's pretty cold.

Back