Advice on Carriers

Ever heard of Mutual Benefit? Executive Life? Kentucky Central? Those and a few dozen more at A+ ratings with Best and all went under while many of the B companies thrived. And, just because a company has an A today doesn't mean they have it tomorrow. Settlers Life was a great, dependable "stable" company with $205 million in assests and yet 16 years ago they were forced onto receivership. They are back and now have an A-.

I have never had an FE client ask about the ratings of the company. Many companies that have strong financials choose not to pay Best for a rating. If you want to promote the stability of the companies, you can always use Standard Analytical.. Even most unrated companies will show a stronger position that the "top" companies. When it boils down to it, the state insurance commission is the final arbiter on the financial strength of the companies.

None of mine have asked either. But of course I don't give them a chance because I clearly state up front that I only work with stable A rated carriers.

Back