Aetna/American Continental

Yeah I DONT like being insulted--thats why a lot of people DONT share their experiences on here. I get a lot of PMs that start out something like "I would have posted this but--there is a group that just slashes EVERYONE and I get sick of dealing with it so I never post" SHAME that agents that can use the information LOSE access to these people!

I wasn't insulting anyone--I am avoiding and trying to help others avoid it!

So they do a POS interview? But the interviewer does NOT do an MIB? Thats odd?

Premium wise how do they compare with your other carriers?

This is a really tough business. People that get easily insulted by posts on a forum won't make it anyway.

Same for cowards that send private messages that they won't put on the forum.

Most people that aren't regulars get on the forum for ratification, not advice. When they don't get that ratification they shrivel away with their feelings hurt and talk about the meanies on the forum.

As for the question about AmCon, they would by my go to company if they had better rates and hadn't stopped paying commissions on the ages 45-59 last year.

I tend to work with companies that make my job easier, not harder. AmCon makes my job easier. I wrote 10 applications this week. 2 of them are AmCon. So 20% this week.

They are my number 1 company for med sups but that's for another forum.

Easy quick interview. True know before you go. The graded is a good plan. No 30 day rule on the first draft. Easy to deal with for after issue service like bank changes, moves, ownership changes, bene changes, etc.

Still don't understand the logic here. Assuming an agent is at street with both carriers, SNL pays the same plus 10% lead credit below age 70. Just makes it even in the 70s.

Well, the comp isn't the only decision. Aetna has great prices on people in their 70's...but ultimately I write them for their ease of use and knowing before I go. But your assumption is that an agent is at street with both...I'm not at street with either and I take a big hit on commish with them versus other carriers, but I still write them anyway. Personal preference

This is a really tough business. People that get easily insulted by posts on a forum won't make it anyway.

Same for cowards that send private messages that they won't put on the forum.

Most people that aren't regulars get on the forum for ratification, not advice. When they don't get that ratification they shrivel away with their feelings hurt and talk about the meanies on the forum.

As for the question about AmCon, they would by my go to company if they had better rates and hadn't stopped paying commissions on the ages 45-59 last year.

I tend to work with companies that make my job easier, not harder. AmCon makes my job easier. I wrote 10 applications this week. 2 of them are AmCon. So 20% this week.

They are my number 1 company for med sups but that's for another forum.

Easy quick interview. True know before you go. The graded is a good plan. No 30 day rule on the first draft. Easy to deal with for after issue service like bank changes, moves, ownership changes, bene changes, etc.

Funny-- I dont find it very "tough"--and the folks I get PMs from dont seem like cowards.

Life is hard enough--without intentionally making it harder.

Anyone that wants to PM me do so--I wont call you names. I feel pretty secure about myself

I love Aetna. If they would pay at 45-59 and make a few small changes to the app (like put a place for the premium amount ;) ), they would be my go to.

There's been many a time I've scrolled through 10-12 companies on fexquotes to get to Aetna.

Besides all the already posted reasons, Aetna has a huge name recognition. Only makes our job easier.

I love Aetna. If they would pay at 45-59 and make a few small changes to the app (like put a place for the premium amount ;) ), they would be my go to.

There's been many a time I've scrolled through 10-12 companies on fexquotes to get to Aetna.

The premium thing on the app is state specific, in ga its on the first page, in sc i write it in the comments area, cmon dude thats grade school stuff. Lol

My Amcon contract is 10-15 pts of FYC lower than some other carriers or I'd probably send a lot more their way.

Most everything Ive experienced with them tells me they appreciate getting our business so I take the haircut when they fit. I read some complaints about their POS PHIs a few months ago and it was ironed out. Kinda makes you wonder what RNA is thinking.

No company calls me more than Aetna/Amcon. Last month I got a courtesy call to make sure my client wanted immediate draft on issue and a change in recurring draft date. They then explained the easiest way to make it happen without a double draft that might have upset my client.

They "get" it.

75, NT, F
No history of heart attacks, CHF, etc., but
2 stents put in in 2013, + 1 stent in July 2014
Takes Plavix in conjunction with the stents
Metformin for controlled diabetes
the usual meds for controlled HBP

Can I say AmCon level? Or no

Looking to help this lady as she apparently had a shady agent
stick her with a 15K policy with ANICO @ $209/MO.

Thanks

Back