Agent Lied About Tobacco

Male 69,CPOD,10K,written NT Trans. So what would you do if you ran into a newly issued (in the 30 day free look) that tells you he's a smoker when you are reviewing his brand new policy ? The insured always denies they lied to the agent and say they told the agent they smoked. Seems like whenever you hip them to contestability,offer to fix it,write them tobacco,they need to "think it over",especially if they are standard and find out it's going to cost them a lot more money. What does that tell you ? Of course with Trans,no phone interview,how are they going to get busted ?

If he dies in the first two years, it won't pay. I always just say "If you were to die today, this thing is not going to pay out. This isn't worth the paper it's written on."

Explain why the agent lied. Because it's less expensive. Then ask them if they would rather have a policy that costs more or has a little less death benefit or waste their money on a policy that's not going to pay out.

If he dies in the first two years, it won't pay. I always just say "If you were to die today, this thing is not going to pay out. This isn't worth the paper it's written on."

Explain why the agent lied. Because it's less expensive. Then ask them if they would rather have a policy that costs more or has a little less death benefit or waste their money on a policy that's not going to pay out.

Dude, we know that, trying to spark the thread with "buyers are liars", lol.

Male 69,CPOD,10K,written NT Trans.

So what would you do if you ran into a newly issued (in the 30 day free look) that tells you he's a smoker when you are reviewing his brand new policy ?

The insured always denies they lied to the agent and say they told the agent they smoked.

Seems like whenever you hip them to contestability,offer to fix it,write them tobacco,they need to "think it over",especially if they are standard and find out it's going to cost them a lot more money.

What does that tell you ?

Of course with Trans,no phone interview,how are they going to get busted ?

The family will get busted if he dies in the next 2 years. All you can do is show them the proper plan. If they refuse to take action then they probably lied about smoking to the agent.

Americo is much cheaper for the COPD smoker. Show him that. KSKJ is even better than americo. You could show him that.

The family will get busted if he dies in the next 2 years. All you can do is show them the proper plan. If they refuse to take action then they probably lied about smoking to the agent.

Americo is much cheaper for the COPD smoker. Show him that. KSKJ is even better than americo. You could show him that.

Most often,as in this case,it is discovered these types have avoided life insurance,are somewhat against it. Now they are trying to buy it their way,at the lowest cost by lying.

If I feel they lied to the agent,they usually know that I know,makes them mad.

Lol

Americo and KSKJ have phone interviews,right ?

Takes some balls to lie on the interview.

Most often,as in this case,it is discovered these types have avoided life insurance,are somewhat against it. Now they are trying to buy it their way,at the lowest cost by lying. If I feel they lied to the agent,they usually know that I know,makes them mad. Lol Americo and KSKJ have phone interviews,right ? Takes some balls to lie on the interview.

KS KJ does, but Americo does not. But I would imagine KS KJ is standard rate with smoking is less than trans without.

----------

Most often,as in this case,it is discovered these types have avoided life insurance,are somewhat against it. Now they are trying to buy it their way,at the lowest cost by lying. If I feel they lied to the agent,they usually know that I know,makes them mad. Lol Americo and KSKJ have phone interviews,right ? Takes some balls to lie on the interview.

KS KJ does, but Americo does not. But I would imagine KS KJ is standard rate with smoking is less than trans without.

Most often,as in this case,it is discovered these types have avoided life insurance,are somewhat against it. Now they are trying to buy it their way,at the lowest cost by lying.

If I feel they lied to the agent,they usually know that I know,makes them mad.

Lol

Americo and KSKJ have phone interviews,right ?

Takes some balls to lie on the interview.

Americo does not have a phone interview. KSKJ does not have a POS interview. Depending on the face they may or may not call them.

But KSKJ's tobacco rate will blow away both Trans and Americo.

But, since you don't know that then that tells me you don't have Americo or KSKJ. Are you going to pick up a company for one case?

Americo does not have a phone interview. KSKJ does not have a POS interview. Depending on the face they may or may not call them.

But KSKJ's tobacco rate will blow away both Trans and Americo.

But, since you don't know that then that tells me you don't have Americo or KSKJ. Are you going to pick up a company for one case?

Does Americo offer day 1 for copd, tobacco ?

I ran into a person who's previous agent (apparently) lied about tobacco usage, she's almost out of the constability period so I may leave it alone.

If a person dies within 2 years and mis-stated tobacco usage, what does the company do? I assume they adjust the death benefit accordingly, correct?

That's really disrespectful to blame on agent... It's not like Fe crowd is full of trustworthy, honest people.

Yes, as does KSKJ.

Let me ask you something.

Do you find that in most situations where you catch a lie on the tobacco, does the insured let's you fix it right for them,NT,sor do you end up walking ?

Back