Americo/Shannon Terminations

Sen. Truman

Are you getting jerked around because of the EFES/Shanno/Americo fallout?

There are a LOT of GOOD agents caught in the crossfire and are being hurt by it--and have done NOTHING wrong.

We need to work as a group--as long as we are individuals we are weak

Post here or PM if you have contacts at Americo--or want to get together as a group to combat this situation.

Lets not get ground under because we are not connected

Looking forward to hearing from you

Are you getting jerked around because of the EFES/Shanno/Americo fallout?

There are a LOT of GOOD agents caught in the crossfire and are being hurt by it--and have done NOTHING wrong.

We need to work as a group--as long as we are individuals we are weak

Post here or PM if you have contacts at Americo--or want to get together as a group to combat this situation.

Lets not get ground under because we are not connected

Looking forward to hearing from you

Can you explain more about what the issue is?

Are you talking about certain IMO's cancelling their Americo contracts? If so, get a release and find a new IMO....or just wait 6 months from your last piece of business. Unless their is something else I'm not aware of.

Wanting to organize agents to speak as one? Good luck with unionizing agents.:yes:

I think Northwestern Mutual agents have something of a union with elected agent reps acting as a collective voice to the company. Not a true union I guess, but better than nothing.

I think Northwestern Mutual agents have something of a union with elected agent reps acting as a collective voice to the company. Not a true union I guess, but better than nothing.

Sounds like a "company union". Those are illegal but that doesn't seem to stop some from having them.

Good luck with unionizing agents.:yes:
When I started with Pru in Chicagoland (1991), a portion of the agents in our office belonged to UFCW. Mainly the older veteran guys joined. The steward had the worst hairpiece I've even seen! They were so pathetic, they never even asked me if I wanted to join...

----------

A field advisory board? I think that's pretty common.

When I started with Pru in Chicagoland (1991), a portion of the agents in our office belonged to UFCW. Mainly the older veteran guys joined. The steward had the worst hairpiece I've even seen! They were so pathetic, they never even asked me if I wanted to join...

----------

A field advisory board? I think that's pretty common.

I think your right. I was an agent there years ago. The GA had been one of these agents reps. One day, he went on a rant against unions. I kiddingly reminded him that he had been something of a union rep. He wasn't amused.:err::1laugh:

The term "herding cats" comes to mind.

I recently got burned by being the spokesman for some agents on the RNA changes.

I was bombarded with texts, emails, calls and private messages about how bad it was and they wanted me to convey those sentiments to RNA. Anonymously, of course.

So I did. I let RNA about them all. I forwarded the emails with the person's name removed. I forwarded texts with the contact number removed.

I had phone conversations with RNA and would not give up the person even when RNA asked for names.

Then I learn that some of those same agents were singing a different tune to RNA when they talked to them and RNA knew who they were.

One name I was given when I just asked RNA to name some of the agents that they thought we so happy with this change. They told me one guy and he was one of the biggest complainers to me. I still didn't out him to RNA but that told me I was being played.

Should have known better but you live and learn.

Back