Any Chance To Succeed As A Part-time Agent?

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Say you are new to insurance and therefore want to start by experimenting a bit, having control of the marketing cost before you think you have found the right products and developed marketing skills.

are there any agencies out there that will take you in as a part-time (assume you don't have an uncle who owns an agency)? or is this just wishful thinking?

Some of the big boys seem to want their new recruits to go in with all they have got. what does an agency have to lose if you are part-time first?

any success stories?

Pick a company that will put you through a "preliminary training" period where you have the opportunity to take the career on a test drive with supervision.

The odds for success are minimal as a part-time agent unless you go with Primerica or similar organization. They are full of part-timers, but I wouldn't classify them as successful agents.

When you say p/t do you mean in conjunction with another job? What kind of products are you looking to market? I know agents who work anywhere from 10 to 50 hrs. a week, most are successful, I think it will depend on your mindset, and the products that you are trying to market.

The only people I have known to succeed in any real way on a part-time basis are people who took a "transition month" or so to educate themselves and then jump in full-force. I do not believe an agent can be truly successful on a part-time basis for any length of time. You have to go into this with the mindset that this will become your career, or you'll get eaten alive by the others who ARE doing it.

Say you are new to insurance and therefore want to start by experimenting a bit, having control of the marketing cost before you think you have found the right products and developed marketing skills.

are there any agencies out there that will take you in as a part-time (assume you don't have an uncle who owns an agency)? or is this just wishful thinking?

Some of the big boys seem to want their new recruits to go in with all they have got. what does an agency have to lose if you are part-time first?

any success stories?

OK, I only mean this a little snarky. I would have little to lose if I contracted you. You write your warm market. If you stick, good. If you do not, I keep the clients. Primerica would have written the warm leads themselves.

Now, if you want me to bare the time and expense of training you? That is a horse of a different color. If I were a trainer (I am not) you would have to be all in. Or have one hell of a warm market.

I'm looking into having a part-time restaurant. It'll just be open 2 or so hours a day - just something for me to make a little extra cash.

If you want something part time, go deliver pizzas.

I have tried it part time for 24 years off and on- { mostly off} and never made a go at it. All I get is having to pay for continuing ed every now and then and like a $50 license renewal. It does not work part time, trust me.

Back