Been in the Business 5 Months ? for the Knowledgeable

An app written is all good and grand but 2 of those could fall off before 3 months of paying the word lay down is blasphemy in this business. Everything is earned and fought for by pounding the pavement. Whoever gets into this business thinking there are just some fairy tale lay downs in every batch of leads will be very disapointed...

If 2 ot of 3 (66%) fall off then the agent is a moron and should go sell cars or work retail on salary. These numbers you are throwing out are bogus for the majority of agents i know, are these your numbers?

----------

An app written is all good and grand but 2 of those could fall off before 3 months of paying the word lay down is blasphemy in this business. Everything is earned and fought for by pounding the pavement. Whoever gets into this business thinking there are just some fairy tale lay downs in every batch of leads will be very disapointed...

I never said anything about lay downs and not working hard either, take a minute to actually read what i posted or do you need comprehension training too?

Maybe we need to define lay down...

- Individual with clear interest in life insurance, good presentation and competitive product will create application

- Person with poor insurance product easily replaced and understands value of replacement

If 2 ot of 3 (66%) fall off then the agent is a moron and should go sell cars or work retail on salary. These numbers you are throwing out are bogus for the majority of agents i know, are these your numbers? ---------- I never said anything about lay downs and not working hard either, take a minute to actually read what i posted or do you need comprehension training too?
I was talking about baseball7. He used the word lay down and 66 percent is great. Ask thad or newby. They will verify those numbers as imos. Go to the thread about med supp vs fe. Thad who prob has 100 agents shows a newby when business will be lost and at what rate. Btw you probably hit 3rd on the all star team and will be in the hall of fame. Thats why you dont agree with those numbers

Last edited:
20 percent lost on all written business is a superstar. Awards are given out to people who can keep more than 75 percent of their written business on the books. LB has a bonus opp i think at 65 percent? LH reports 35 percent of apps that wont even make first payment!!! People on here like to make it sound like an app is cash money millions. Lmfao. If 2/3 of your written business gets to year 2 ill put you in the all star game. Thats a star that knows how to conserve buisness

Again, I do not do just FE so my experience is more broad. But it does include larger($00,000) plan or two that a lapse could really kill percentages and includes term that can be a fickle market. My FE/GI is pretty sticky. I also do not do the volume or put in half the hours as you guys. But If I lost 20% of my business I would be on suicide watch. I just find it hard to believe that agents are going out and busting it week in and week out and expect that they lose one week of each months labor to lapse. Then figure another week to Uncle Sugar and another to expenses. Damn, Give me a liter of bourbon an a hydrashock.

Edit: to be clear, I am knocking you or anyone else. Just Saying I would and have had to look inward if I was losing that much business.

Last edited:
I was talking about baseball7. He used the word lay down and 66 percent is great. Ask thad or newby. They will verify those numbers as imos. Go to the thread about med supp vs fe. Thad who prob has 100 agents shows a newby when business will be lost and at what rate. Btw you probably hit 3rd on the all star team and will be in the hall of fame. Thats why you dont agree with those numbers

You are lost. You said 66% of business falls off, i gave the reason why that is terrible, now you are saying thats good? Wth dude, t think you have a learning disability. Im not kidding, you really are slow.

You are lost. You said 66% of business falls off, i gave the reason why that is terrible, now you are saying thats good? Wth dude, t think you have a learning disability. Im not kidding, you really are slow.
Im just gonna let you be right . Let new agents go bankrupt.. Not my problem.

Last edited:
If thats what makes you sleep at night and sells the leads.... Call any carrier and tell them 66 percent of written apps will get into 2nd year and there will be dancing, shamp and stripers.

Your favotite come back line, predictable an unoriginal as your business plan. I quit, arguing with you is a waste of time. P.S. Id never sell leads to you big boy, dont have time to train you or babysit :)

----------

Lol as usual bcrane realizes he is wrong and tries to edit his posts, just like he did on the other 2 but i gotcha on this one lol, nice try

Your favotite come back line, predictable an unoriginal as your business plan. I quit, arguing with you is a waste of time. P.S. Id never sell leads to you big boy, dont have time to train you or babysit :) ---------- Lol as usual bcrane realizes he is wrong and tries to edit his posts, just like he did on the other 2 but i gotcha on this one lol, nice try
Whoever buys avatar leads or illegal voice leads is the mentally handicapped. You my friend should be in jail.

Oh and learn how to spell, champage, there are two t's in strippers, lol. What is a striper? Are they the ones who paint lines on the highway? Lol

Oh and learn how to spell, champage, there are two t's in strippers, lol. What is a striper? Are they the ones who paint lines on the highway? Lol
I should report you to then insurance commission. Btw losing 50 pounds would not hurt, boss hog

Last edited:
Back