Carriers

jn8691mr

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm looking for input (pros and cons) to these 3 carriers for FE ... Stonebridge, Foresters and UHL ... Or if you have better options.

I'm looking for input (pros and cons) to these 3 carriers for FE ... Stonebridge, Foresters and UHL ... Or if you have better options.

UHL has a nice niche for young diabetics.. Rates and service seem to be so-so. Haven't dealt with the other two so I have no idea.

I'm always perplexed by negativity I've read on here on Foresters as that is contrary to my experience-------they clearly have been the carrier I'm most happy with and my first choice "go to". They issue fast, have real good communications with agents (acknowledging by email receipt of app, approval of app and any client draft issues--ie don't have to go to the website to know whats going on as with too many other carriers), rarely any underwriting issues where not issued as applied for, very nice and helpful on phone, with competitive rates.

I have found nothing not to like---------for a time a year ago hold times when calling in were horrible--a pet peave of mine-- which had not been the case previously but that's seeming been corrected

I'm OK with UHL too. Level commissions with no haircuts, better rates than many others on younger ages, they copy you on communications to clients on draft issues. Worse thing is that wretched phone interview that has my eyes rolling and the client asleep as they go through that much too long disclosure---they do need to make that more tolerable. Don't write for you clients who do sky-diving or hang- gliding , mountain climbing or drive NASCAR, etc

Last edited:
Personally, I like Foresters, the rates are competitive, the service is good, and the convention trips are fun. I haven't used the others yet, but have heard positives things about UHL.

Foresters is great as others have mentioned. UHL could he great and they are making strides in that direction but still irritate me regularly. They have a very good product line. I have written for both of them this week.

Stonebridge (Transamerica and Monumental) I don't care for at all. Some agents love them but not me. Their website is impossible and they are tough with amendments. I sat with a Lady a couple days ago that had a policy with them and we needed to call to get current values. The recording said the hold time was estimated to be 25 minutes.

Foresters is great as others have mentioned. UHL could he great and they are making strides in that direction but still irritate me regularly. They have a very good product line. I have written for both of them this week.

How has UHL improved? I need to write a case with them soon before I get termed.

Is there any Rx Guide with them now? Do they now give a yes at the end of the PHI? :goofy:

Stonebridge is Transamerica.

"Soylent Green is People!" Anyone remember that quote?

Trans has the SS and Disability draft dates figured out. Not many carriers can say that.

Trans gives first day coverage to Insulin Diabetics, Crazys, and folks with bad tickers.

Trans covers the kiddies too!

Love their 10 pay!

They have great Term and UL products.

With that being said, they make a great secondary carrier.

I love em and could easily turn them into my primary

Stonebridge (Transamerica and Monumental) I don't care for at all. Some agents love them but not me. Their website is impossible and they are tough with amendments. I sat with a Lady a couple days ago that had a policy with them and we needed to call to get current values. The recording said the hold time was estimated to be 25 minutes.

ditto, as one of the biggest companies out there that website is disgraceful, about the worse I've seen. On the other side of the coin is UHL that has one of the simplest/easy to find stuff out there. But more ridiculous with them is only able to track your last year of business, nothing can make less sense than that and beyond me they don't recognize that as an agent issue and fix it.

Latest posts

Back