CMS proposed rule petition

Also, I got another email this morning about this petition from a different marketer. Don't understand the whole money aspect of it. Maybe I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Last edited:
Now this new rule/legislation will eliminate FMO's and call centers while agents will make more money?
For those thinking that all of this will be the end of FMOs obviously don't know much about FMOs. They didn't get where they are today by being stupid. They'll adapt. Will it affect agents? Maybe some but not most.

All of this is about advantage plans. Agents that don't sell it won't be affected. The MAOs are going to have some trouble.

For those thinking that all of this will be the end of FMOs obviously don't know much about FMOs. They didn't get where they are today by being stupid. They'll adapt. Will it affect agents? Maybe some but not most.

All of this is about advantage plans. Agents that don't sell it won't be affected. The MAOs are going to have some trouble.

And I’ll add that agents like me that do sell MAPD won’t be affected at all. I couldn’t care less for free connecture or my free trip every year. If it means less call centers, I’m all about it

And I’ll add that agents like me that do sell MAPD won’t be affected at all. I couldn’t care less for free connecture or my free trip every year. If it means less call centers, I’m all about it
ditto

I started noticing the saturation of the market around 2019, if this reg puts joe namath out of business, I'd be as happy as a pig in mud.
Me on the other hand, I ain't going no where!
This won't affect me, I don't use the free softwares my uplines offer, and I get very little marketing money from them.

Obamacare added 7 million so far this year. From an email I got from healthcare.gov the other day. They're doing something right. I'm still waiting for Trumps alternative that never materialized.

Hell who wouldn’t sign up for health ins for $0-$50 a month . It’s not about Trumps alternative. He’ll simply crush the subsidy’s for most lower middle income and up . He’ll take away subsidies for Green card holders .Nobody can ever explain to me how someone can bring their foreign parent to the us over the age of 65 . They never paid a dime of taxes and gets free Aca which is a benefit of $40 k a yr easy . That’s just wrong as hell . The migrants are lining the borders by the millions . The immigration issue has made Biden unelectable . He’s screwed the country up

I work in the finance department at a large FMO. Can confirm that people are the top are freaking out about this - setting up calls with all our SGAs and MGAs to get their downline to sign the petition. Personally, I'm updating my resume and looking for a new job. Good FMOs will pivot (I'm sure my company will), but there will be lean times.

I just don’t see how a bunch of agents signing a petition is going to have any effect on anything. If they had the Medicare enrollees signing massive amounts of petitions that might have some effect. In fact it already did back when Obama was first voted in and he said in one of his early speeches that he was going to do away with Medicare Advantage. He learned real fast that it wasn’t going to go over well with the voters that just elected him.

But I don’t think anyone is going to be able to get the seniors all fired up over a “Save our Uplines” movement.

I just don’t see how a bunch of agents signing a petition is going to have any effect on anything. If they had the Medicare enrollees signing massive amounts of petitions that might have some effect. In fact it already did back when Obama was first voted in and he said in one of his early speeches that he was going to do away with Medicare Advantage. He learned real fast that it wasn’t going to go over well with the voters that just elected him.

But I don’t think anyone is going to be able to get the seniors all fired up over a “Save our Uplines” movement.

I agree with this . 90% of what cms has proposed in last 3 yrs has been approved at the end . Cms didn’t care the independent agent had little way to record . They didn’t care the 48 hr scope hit the independent agent hard and didn’t touch call centers who get mostly inbound leads . This again mostly affects the agents . Company’s will still get the calls coming in to enroll . For the most part this will be in effect next aep . Anyone who thinks cms will do an abrupt 100% upturn on all this is snapped .

I signed the petition and contributed with a donation on the silly record your calls bs. Accomplished nothing.

I'm not signing this petition. If I did they wouldn't leave me alone.

Back