Direct Mail to T65? Worth it??

Perfect example of dm lead . Today knocked a guy ( lead 2 months old ) . It was like he was waiting for me . He said he’s been called 100 times but is scared of fraud and wanted face to face . He had nothing but Medicare and Medicare . He was desperate for dental and the food card . Him and wife were so appreciative I came guy . I changed a life today . It’s what motivates me . It’s why I’ll sell 500 this yr . If you love what you do the money comes .

I'm a stranger on the internet so take it for what it's worth. But every mistake I've made was thinking short term and trying to do something quickly.

One example was getting internet leads for the few weeks before my direct mail leads would come in during my first few months buying leads. I didn't have a plan on working them and it was a total flop.

Don't get me wrong, I've wasted money on other marketing attempts too but I few those more as lessons :)

Thanks and I hear you. All these lessons I've learned in the past 8 months makes me feel young again...haha. I have the entire year planned out...DM is just one thing....

I have internet leads going right now but I DO work them even though they suck. T65 locator is a cheaper better option. Internet leads are free for me at the moment. I wouldn't buy them myself again if they were 50 cents, although when I did a made a profit, just not near as much as DMs. haha

Heres whats what in the current situation. Next-Gen internet leads are running, OnDemand mailers, Target Leads Mailers, T65 locator, Walmart AEP 5 minutes from my office for AEP scheduled, VFW seminars planned for AEP....to me it's not costing me that much. The Walmart was expensive, but I know it'll be a great thing to do where i'm doing it...getting half reimbursed. Everything else i've done or am doing is paid half by FMO.

When I get ready to do Scotts T65 inbound, I think the 1st week of June, I'm pretty sure FMO will pay for half.

It's enough to meet my annual goal which actually changed and moved up to be completed by October...my initial goal anyway of 100 enrollments.

In my first few months I definitely wasted time (time is money I know) on some hair-brained ideas I grabbed onto from FMO...esp on my Dollar General total flop...oh well. Like you said, those losses can be lessons and very good lessons at that....:) I learned I despised DSNP, so to me I dodged a bullet there. haha. Almost did food banks too, could still if I wanted...umm nope. Just not that hungry to hang out at food bank (pardon the pun).

If you want your reply rates to soar, send sexier materials. The topless coffee house has the worst coffee in town, but nobody ever noticed.
I know this is old, but really?! Send sexy materials why? LOL, so my old 50 year old a$$ can show up looking not sexy. Does this really work?

Oh wait a minute...I guess it did work when I sold a ton of HSA and 100% plans to single dudes back in the day that for the most part are still on the books. lol

just couldn't resist. I know, not professional now that I think about it, I do have quite of few older seniors coming into my office to chit chat. haha. I need to rethink this marketing strategy.

Perfect example of dm lead . Today knocked a guy ( lead 2 months old ) . It was like he was waiting for me . He said he’s been called 100 times but is scared of fraud and wanted face to face . He had nothing but Medicare and Medicare . He was desperate for dental and the food card . Him and wife were so appreciative I came guy . I changed a life today . It’s what motivates me . It’s why I’ll sell 500 this yr . If you love what you do the money comes .

Next energetic burst I get or next time I'm bored and need a change of scenery, I'm going to do this. Maybe next week after a long weekend....what did you say again? Carry my Medicare and You book and watch out for dogs. and what else? Give me the skinny again. :)

When I get ready to do Scotts T65 inbound, I think the 1st week of June

I have used Scott's system for about a year and am pleased with the quality of the leads. His set up does not generate instant results like many other DM systems. He mails 6 months ahead of T65. Starting in June means mailing November birthdays.

T65 Inbound is a long play, not quick money.

If you work the system right it will pay off, you just need to give it some time to mature. Some folks on the forum did one or two mailings and gave up on it . . . they didn't have the "vision".

I’ll end up starting Scott’s t65 campaign soon again but AugustaMi and others should definitely know it’s not going to be an influx of calls. It’s a trickle. They are laydowns and it’s possible you only break even with first year commissions.
I don’t mind breaking even because my goal is to keep building my renewals.

That said, sign up for his t65 campaign, it works. Just don’t do it if you live in orlando FL

I have used Scott's system for about a year and am pleased with the quality of the leads. His set up does not generate instant results like many other DM systems. He mails 6 months ahead of T65. Starting in June means mailing November birthdays.

T65 Inbound is a long play, not quick money.

Ty! Even T65 Locator, same...kind of a long game, but did set immediate appts as well. There are some procrastinators out there for sure. So calling the June and July's didn't hurt.

Need two more for my months goal. Didn't finish it until yesterday. Set 3 appts for today, two of those new to Medicare. Could've been 4, BUT Ran from a DSNP who wanted enough dental to cover her implants. LOL. Ummm no thanks. She had UHC Dual, I have Humana in her area, but still didn't want to even see her. Anyway as far as benefits go, her UHC mildly looks better on paper you know $120 food/otc...not getting into my logic here, but I'm not that hungry. I knew it would've been a headache. LOL. If hubs and I were to go on Part A and B today it certainly would not be $0/$170.10. My household is very high income now.

So me doing Medicare and back in the field is really always going to be a long game....retired from insurance once already after 18 yrs U65/Life/Ancillaries. Then, Couldn't find enough gratification doing just property mgmnt that I do now, so here I am again...loving the Medicare side. It's perfect for my age and place in life now.

I am going to do one door knock today, just bc it's right next to an already set appt. LOL Have my medicare and you handbook ready and copy of his mailer, so could do 4 today.

I’ll end up starting Scott’s t65 campaign soon again but AugustaMi and others should definitely know it’s not going to be an influx of calls. It’s a trickle. They are laydowns and it’s possible you only break even with first year commissions.
I don’t mind breaking even because my goal is to keep building my renewals

Thanks Chazm. I know you do seminars, I've added those in too with a focus on VFWs. Completed again, just to get it to stick, Humana's Roadshow Webinar yesterday for Veterans. Let it run for the free swag. Set appts while it was on.

I've said the same thing on the breaking even...would be just fine with that. although so far everything has produced profit. I Would also spend good money of DMs IF it were the ones I wanted...right now I just have access to generic Targeted Leads. So I'm really only doing about 2000 a month. Actually I take it back, the Digital Ondemand I just did, just paid postage for Beta program, has NOT produced. I'm surprised as I thought those cards were better than the generic from Target Leads. It does have to be a regular thing, not just a few times and done.

I'm in Mid Michigan. Going to be licensed in FLA in a few years, as I also spend a ton of time there for years in winter now....Marco Island and Fort Myers Beach both. My first biz partner from 2004-2009 lives in Bonita in the winter. That's how this whole thing got started back up for me. We live and play by each other in two states.

I love the support in here...Thanks Guys/Gals. Somarco, probably unaware, along with many others (Kgmom, winoblues, a dozen others) helped with my growth on the U65/L/Anc just by me popping in reading early morn and then running out the door. I was a hamster wheel gal back then and it paid off. I needed the support here again now to do what I did then. It's been very helpful.

Now Don P (hi Don) has helped and many more others---never would've known about DST SEP if I hadn't read his posts. He motivates me too for some odd reason....reminds me of old days. In a weird way makes me feel young again...we rolled like he does back then. Balls straight to the wall. hahaha

Second wind here, but much older and long game is the deal. My "additional" retirement plan.

Ran from a DSNP who wanted enough dental to cover her implants. LOL

There is a reason why some folks order from the dollar menu . . .

In another life I encountered slumlords who made good $$$ filling houses and apartments with Section 8 and HUD tenants. They all complained about the clientele but put up with it because of the "guaranteed income" from the gummit.

Low income policyholders can generate referrals but most of their acquaintances are in the same boat.

If you want to break out of that market you need to set your sights on a different income level.

There is nothing wrong with being a social worker if that is where your heart is. I enjoy helping folks as well and have no complaints about my income level. I also have enough free time to devote to non-business related activities.

Your life is what you make of it. Enjoy it to the fullest.

I have signed up for T65 Inbound and have committed to approx 700 T65's per month. Eventually it will be sending out approx 3500 letters a month.

I really only need this to cover the cost of the marketing, which even with conservative returns I think is attainable.

There are so many ways to operate your business that works. Different strokes for different folks. :yes:
Yep, Many ways to skin a cat

I'd love to get in with the Financial Planners for referrals (as KGmom suggests), but in my area, not a great viable option yet. Main players already do Medicare themselves. This is confusing to me so far, soon I might understand it more.

Incidentally, in very near future a guy who is a Financial Planner is doing a "seminar" in local bar and grill, but I've also heard this guy talking about financial planning and doing Medicare on his radio commercials...he's giving out ribeye steak dinners at a popular bar and grill in a small rural town btwn my office and home (a very poor area but food is good there). I am wondering if this is a sort of bait and switch (I'm not a game or player hater, just curious as to what's up for real). I cannot figure out how he thinks he can get substantial FP biz in an area that's hugely Bridgecard and Medicaid where people without wealth are surely going to grab up on a free steak dinner.....I might go up there for a free ribeye dinner and a lil industrial espionage. I have his very nicely designed post card on my kitchen island. I'm in my office still but just reminded myself I need to go check this out. lol.

What am I missing here? Just call me Karen. lol I have to know...

Back