Disaster/Emergency SEP

Husband and wife, wife just turned 65 and I was able to help her. Husband has always had OG Medicare w/PDP and no supplement. AEP had passed so I couldn't do anything with his specific needs and circumstances. I told him about SEP's and to keep that in mind this year, worst case scenario I'll get him in October.

Low and behold he calls me last week after some crazy weather ripped through. I've been getting emails from different carriers for disaster/emergency SEP in a county where he lives.

I submit application for Fl Blue, and it gets denied stating he doesn't reside in a county with that SEP.

Can carriers pick and choose if they want to participate in this SEP or not? Aetna, Wellcare, Cigna, and one or 2 other have emailed me about this specific SEP for their county. I sent Fl Blue the executive order from FL Governor, and that he lives in one of the "affected counties." No dice, still denied the SEP.

Would appreciate some insight on this one, thanks!

Take a step back. In order to use the disaster SEP, he had to have missed another election period due to the disaster. That does not sound like the case based on the info provided. I would move on from this one.

Take a step back. In order to use the disaster SEP, he had to have missed another election period due to the disaster. That does not sound like the case based on the info provided. I would move on from this one.

I knew that, but he missed AEP, does that not count?

Explain what that means, I get what you're saying now I think. They established the SEP 03/12, he hasn't used any election, but he's not on a Mapd. So since this "disaster" SEP is during OEP he doesn't qualify because he's not on a MAPD? How does a disaster SEP work between OEP and AEP, is it ONLY to switch between MA's? Or can you pick up an MAPD during a distatser SEP?

Explain what that means, I get what you're saying now I think. They established the SEP 03/12, he hasn't used any election, but he's not on a Mapd. So since this "disaster" SEP is during OEP he doesn't qualify because he's not on a MAPD? How does a disaster SEP work between OEP and AEP, is it ONLY to switch between MA's? Or can you pick up an MAPD during a distatser SEP?
Call the carrier and ask them. A while back Aetna sent out an e-mail reminding of a disaster SEP. I'm sure they can look it up for you.

Humana is allowing nationwide Covid dst . It has no end date . Only Humana so far . Might be challenged and stopped

Husband and wife, wife just turned 65 and I was able to help her. Husband has always had OG Medicare w/PDP and no supplement. AEP had passed so I couldn't do anything with his specific needs and circumstances. I told him about SEP's and to keep that in mind this year, worst case scenario I'll get him in October.

Low and behold he calls me last week after some crazy weather ripped through. I've been getting emails from different carriers for disaster/emergency SEP in a county where he lives.

I submit application for Fl Blue, and it gets denied stating he doesn't reside in a county with that SEP.

Can carriers pick and choose if they want to participate in this SEP or not? Aetna, Wellcare, Cigna, and one or 2 other have emailed me about this specific SEP for their county. I sent Fl Blue the executive order from FL Governor, and that he lives in one of the "affected counties." No dice, still denied the SEP.

Would appreciate some insight on this one, thanks!

I knew that, but he missed AEP, does that not count?

Caveat, not an agent.

How does a weather disaster in March of 2022 prevent someone from enrolling in an MAPD during November 2021?

Caveat, not an agent.

How does a weather disaster in March of 2022 prevent someone from enrolling in an MAPD during November 2021?
All of this is irrelevant, why can't someone answer my question lol? Let's make it a hypothetical situation then. There's a disaster SEP in someone county. What are the stipulations for them to use it?

All of this is irrelevant, why can't someone answer my question lol? Let's make it a hypothetical situation then. There's a disaster SEP in someone county. What are the stipulations for them to use it?

Reread twocents' post above. The answer is clearly expressed there.

Back