Do I need approval on a Direct Mail Lead Card?

Anemone? You mean the flower or the sea anemone? JK.

I think Americo came up with something about a year ago saying anything used to market their products had to have certain wording. I have a feeling that hasn't been widely implemented.
That’s actually part of what fuels this thought.... Americo emailed me (all their agents I’m assuming) reminding them all marketing material, refusrdless if it names Americo or not, needs to be approved by them. I sent them a copy of the lead card I use and they responded the same day stating their compliance department had a couple of issue.

“There are 3 major concerns so far:

1. The headline reads like it is a PA-sponsored benefit, especially when combined with "state-regulated life insurance program", even with the not affiliated with any government agency disclosure at the bottom
2. "100% of your funeral costs" is misleading
3. Our Final Expense products only go up to $30,000 face amount and our guaranteed issue product only goes up to $15,000. Your piece lists $35,000.”

I have a hard time believing I’m the only person that has sent them a lead card to review - also, I can’t believe it would even be any concern as I use a lead card that is as plain as can be - it says “affordable life insurance program “ on the card.

1. Depending on the rest of the lead card, there is probably some validity to that.
2. Poor compliance. If like most cards it says, "can pay 100% of your funeral costs up to $35,000." I have seen almost the exact same language on actual company pieces.
3. That assumes you either sell Americo exclusively or do not have products that go up to $35,000.

All in all, poor compliance, which isn't surprising from an insurance company.

1. Depending on the rest of the lead card, there is probably some validity to that.
2. Poor compliance. If like most cards it says, "can pay 100% of your funeral costs up to $35,000." I have seen almost the exact same language on actual company pieces.
3. That assumes you either sell Americo exclusively or do not have products that go up to $35,000.

All in all, poor compliance, which isn't surprising from an insurance company.

I don’t sell Americo exclusively - I only wrote like 2,000 with them this year ... I rarely write them.

I have to agree with your statement - poor compliance ... it is what it is I guess...

I believe the Mega life agents who posted signs on telephone poles and ROW that got in trouble for using the word AFFORDABLE in their signts.

But now that we have health insurance that (according to DC) is AFFORDABLE I suppose the use of that word is now officially OK.

5A13097B-2993-44E4-8DC8-6714AE3F5D68.png I don’t understand how I could be the only agent... this is the email I received:... also, I have 2 contestable claims with americo right now . They ask how the product is solicited. I send them a copy of the signed lead card and explain that the insured requested information on life insurance.

View attachment 4199 I don’t understand how I could be the only agent... this is the email I received:... also, I have 2 contestable claims with americo right now . They ask how the product is solicited. I send them a copy of the signed lead card and explain that the insured requested information on life insurance.
If you are concerned bout it, simply send them a copy of the lead card you are using for approval. The worst they can say is, "Don't use this card for the solicitation of Americo products" but I doubt that si what they will say.

If you are concerned bout it, simply send them a copy of the lead card you are using for approval. The worst they can say is, "Don't use this card for the solicitation of Americo products" but I doubt that si what they will say.
I did - they already stated they had a couple of issues with the lead card(you can see in a previous post ) .. I just can’t believe they are so blind to the FE marketing.

View attachment 4199 I don’t understand how I could be the only agent... this is the email I received:... also, I have 2 contestable claims with americo right now . They ask how the product is solicited. I send them a copy of the signed lead card and explain that the insured requested information on life insurance.

I saw that business prevention piece from americo last year. Even posted about it on here.

But I still don't believe any other agent sent in a card for their permission.

Americo did a halfway contraction of that rule a couple weeks later after everyone complained.

Kuhn could shed more light on that.

On the contestable claims, I've always answered that with , "the applicant sent in a mail reply card". I've never sent in the card for their review.

If you continue to ask permission from company reps that have never sold a policy in their lives then you will have a long road to travel.

Back