Do I need approval on a Direct Mail Lead Card?

In the end, it is the agent that is actually using it.. When the state comes after someone, they normally come after everyone involved.. even if just on the fringes. The same as lawyers when they bring suit against someone, they sue everybody, company, agency, agent, etc. :sad:

If by UH you are talking about United Heritage they did not even sell the leads, I believe, they just financed them.

If by UH you are talking about United Heritage they did not even sell the leads, I believe, they just financed them.
I didn't know which company.. I was just addressing the question of it "falling on the agent.". But if UH was also fined, that just proves my point.

I didn't know which company.. I was just addressing the question of it "falling on the agent.". But if UH was also fined, that just proves my point.

I 'believe' it was something like that. But they really restricted their approved piece. If they finance or give leads it is their money to do as they please I guess. Just like some companies require X amount of business for a lead credit. Some companies require a POS PHI, some do not, Some ask Driving record, some do not, some ask Ht and Wt and so on. I am independent, I have many options.

I 'believe' it was something like that. But they really restricted their approved piece. If they finance or give leads it is their money to do as they please I guess. Just like some companies require X amount of business for a lead credit. Some companies require a POS PHI, some do not, Some ask Driving record, some do not, some ask Ht and Wt and so on. I am independent, I have many options.
Yeah, but you don't want to "exercise an option" that has the potential of getting you fined $10K....:no:

I doubt if any DOI spends much time and effort monitoring ads/lead cards until they get a complaint from a consumer or another agent. Then it can be hell to pay. The safest approach is being very generic, no company name(s), no claims of best, cheapest, free, etc

I doubt if any DOI spends much time and effort monitoring ads/lead cards until they get a complaint from a consumer or another agent. Then it can be hell to pay. The safest approach is being very generic, no company name(s), no claims of best, cheapest, free, etc
That is the problem.. They will get complaints. There are people sitting out there just waiting to bring charges against an unsuspecting agent. Just heard of friend and his up line paying several thousand dollars to settle a claim brought by a professional litigator over a call he received from their down-line agent on his cell phone... She was calling leads she had purchased.. Don't know if she has settled or not. It is a nasty world.

Back