Do I need approval on a Direct Mail Lead Card?

I did - they already stated they had a couple of issues with the lead card(you can see in a previous post ) .. I just can’t believe they are so blind to the FE marketing.

Why can't you believe that? It's true for all of the companies. None of them have the first clue about how business gets written. They all think that people are contacting us and asking for their company by name.

Why can't you believe that? It's true for all of the companies. None of them have the first clue about how business gets written. They all think that people are contacting us and asking for their company by name.

It’s just odd to me. I guess I can believe it.

The FE business and Direct Mail Lead is not a “new” model. I would expect, if I was involved with a large company that sold Final expense(like americo, or trans or any of them), I would have an idea on how my product was marketed. I would just assume that’s basic market research.... it’s almost as if not one person involved in Americos FE division ever thought about or researched how agents are selling final expense and what type of marketing they are using to be successful.

After I sent them
The lead piece they responded “are you using this to sell with other carriers?” .......

Oh well - it is what it is.

Good question. The marketing doesn't seem regulated like medicare stuff. The thing you always had to watch was putting company specific branding on the literature or any advertising. That's a no-no unless approved by home the office.
see above. I have seen this statement several times.

It’s just odd to me. I guess I can believe it.

The FE business and Direct Mail Lead is not a “new” model. I would expect, if I was involved with a large company that sold Final expense(like americo, or trans or any of them), I would have an idea on how my product was marketed. I would just assume that’s basic market research.... it’s almost as if not one person involved in Americos FE division ever thought about or researched how agents are selling final expense and what type of marketing they are using to be successful.

After I sent them
The lead piece they responded “are you using this to sell with other carriers?” .......

Oh well - it is what it is.

This is news to you? Not only do these companies not know. They don't care. The only reason companies put out anything on leads is so they can throw the agent under the bus when they need to.

UH came out with something even worse than americo. Settlers went into a tizzy when they were looking at a lead program and wanted to dictate what the cards would have on them.

There's an easy solution when companies make our job harder.

UH and their agent were fined by the ND and MN AG's for using the state approved verbiage,and the took issue with the word free, I believe it cost the agent 10K

Last edited:
Also in ND
It was approved by the state and they were still fined!?!
no, using the verbiage "state approved"
page6image256

So it will fall on the agent ? Even if their”IMo” offers and sells the piece ?

So it will fall on the agent ? Even if their”IMo” offers and sells the piece ?
In the end, it is the agent that is actually using it.. When the state comes after someone, they normally come after everyone involved.. even if just on the fringes. The same as lawyers when they bring suit against someone, they sue everybody, company, agency, agent, etc. :sad:

Latest posts

Back