Free Steak Dinner to listen to Medicare Presentation

@kak6407, ok, I stand corrected. However, my FMO still puts a $15 limit for the meals, maybe because AHIP rules state that you have to go with the $15 limit. The 2022 CMS rules also say meals are excluded as a nominal gift, so I don't know..I guess CMS rules override AHIP?

This is from 2023 AHIP:
Educational Events, Permitted Activities
At educational events, marketing representatives may:
• answer beneficiary-initiated questions about Medicare health or drug plans.
• provide meals, refreshments, or snacks as long as they comply with the gift/promotional item requirements.

Your IMO is a dumbass.

People keep telling me they were offered a free steak dinner to listen to a Medicare presentation. How do they do this if the limit is only $15/person? Where can you go and get a steak dinner for $15, with tax?????
A meal can be provided for $15 ...

People keep telling me they were offered a free steak dinner to listen to a Medicare presentation. How do they do this if the limit is only $15/person? Where can you go and get a steak dinner for $15, with tax?????
Midway through the presentation the presenter pivots to talking about 401Ks and annuities.
I've attended them before

Those high end seminars at Ruth Chris etc aren’t looking for piddly Medicare . They’re hunting big annuity or life sales .

While you guys are figuring out what's CMS approved and what's not. And while you guys are sending out invitations, waiting for replies and feeding those who show up ... I've done door knocked the whole damn room.

You cannot cold call for Medicare. Period. Phone, or email in Ohio. You can direct mail.
Only two states, that I know of, have restrictions on the marketing of Medicare Supplement plans.

Those states are Ohio and California.

You cannot cold call for Medicare. Period. Phone, or email in Ohio. You can direct mail.
Only two states, that I know of, have restrictions on the marketing of Medicare Supplement plans.

Those states are Ohio and California.
Dude. I'm in Georgia.

Back