1000 Post Club
Americo, again

Done with them and Settlers.. no more... they're finished

All my business now goes to SNL

Last edited:
Re: Americo, again

Done with them and Settlers.. no more... they're finished

All my business now goes to SNL

That sucks! They termed you for one replacement? I am replacing a UH policy tomorrow and expect zero problems from them.

I f you are in business any length of time you will replace yourself sometimes.

That sucks! They termed you for one replacement? I am replacing a UH policy tomorrow and expect zero problems from them.

I f you are in business any length of time you will replace yourself sometimes.

Yup- did everything I was suppose to, followed all the rules, filed replacement etc- Settlers doesn't carry term- was gonna lose the client anyways.. leads cost me money- I've got a family to support- I'm not gonna let my business walk out the door, beside I have an obligation to my clients to assist them. Settlers doesn't carry term insurance, if they did I would have kept him there- It was my lead, my client.. I paid for that lead, not Settlers-

I could understand replacing another agents client with Settlers- but this was my client that I wrote a policy for that he didnt want to keep 3 weeks later and wanted a 50k term...

A 100k+ producer of mine got termed from Settlers because he wrote one too many Bronze apps.

His total app count with Settlers was less than 10, and he maybe had 4 Bronze cases.

Settlers sent him a letter warning him they may take actions to terminate him if he didn't improve his Bronze ratio -- very condescending.

This kind of stuff is what drives agents away from working with carriers.

A 100k+ producer of mine got termed from Settlers because he wrote one too many Bronze apps.

His total app count with Settlers was less than 10, and he maybe had 4 Bronze cases.

Settlers sent him a letter warning him they may take actions to terminate him if he didn't improve his Bronze ratio -- very condescending.

This kind of stuff is what drives agents away from working with carriers.
What about their road show and trip to Asheville? :D

----------

Where is SNL out of? What's there name?
What difference does it make where they're "out of"? That gonna matter whether people buy or not? Duh.

Yup- did everything I was suppose to, followed all the rules, filed replacement etc- Settlers doesn't carry term- was gonna lose the client anyways.. leads cost me money- I've got a family to support- I'm not gonna let my business walk out the door, beside I have an obligation to my clients to assist them. Settlers doesn't carry term insurance, if they did I would have kept him there- It was my lead, my client.. I paid for that lead, not Settlers-

I could understand replacing another agents client with Settlers- but this was my client that I wrote a policy for that he didnt want to keep 3 weeks later and wanted a 50k term...

This definitely sucks. They make it very clear in the contracts that we're not an employee of the company...we're independent contractors. Then they go on to say that we can't replace their policies...whether we wrote them or not. It's not just Settlers...I believe they're all like that, but I wonder how many companies would enforce it?

I've never replaced a life policy that I've written, but if the opportunity was there to better MY client's situation, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I replace my own Med Supp business all the time. If I don't, another agent will. That's just the nature of that business, because of the way the premiums go up every year. The Med Supp contracts say the same thing about not replacing their business, but they don't enforce that clause.

The bottom line is, I'm going to worry about what's best for MY client.

Back