Has Direct Mail Slowed Down???

You say spam, I say sharing info.

That's funny, because it reminds me of sit I had this past week. Knocked a lead and the guy answered the door and hid behind it like all he had on was his skivvies. After he got dressed and let me in, we sat down and began. The whole time, he keeps giving me these creepy suspicious looks. I finally get him dialed in on a quote the whole time he is still looking at me suspicious, then says something along the lines of "you know alot of this stuff they mail you is spam".

By now, I'm done. First thing I know is, you don't sale distrust, Second thing I know is if I work this into an app, it will laps. So, what do I do, I took the app (KSKJ paper app so the timing was great) and ripped it right down the middle, handed it to him and asked him to throw it away. :yes: Mostly frustrated at myself that I sat there that long.

I haven't done that for a while now and don't do it often but learned that it helps draw a clear line between me and that appointment. I won't leave my marbles at someone's house if I don't have to. :no: I just don't have many to spare now days. :twitchy:

Postage went up Aug. 29, that's probably the reason for the price increase, along with the lower return rates. I'm trying not to spam, but I know of a place where fixed price DM leads are $25 in most states, $32 in a few, and $35 in a couple. And the lead piece is very directly worded by having "life insurance" and "funeral expenses" on it.

Above is the post that you said I was lying in bold. Where's the lie?

Remember several years ago when you were always starting arguments with me saying tele-sales wouldn't work, persistency will be horrible, they'll all get replaced, carriers and agents will fail with FE tele-sales, etc.? You didn't just say it once or twice, you went over a year saying that. How can you, me, or anyone be qualified to talk about anything if we don't have any personal experience our self with it? Now lots of carriers are embracing the idea of tele-sales, covid just sped the process up.

So tell us JD, how do feel about FE tele-sales now? You always criticized it simply because you didn't have the skills to make it work? It's hard to replace over the phone and that's why you couldn't do it. FE tele-sales requires some sales skills, not just how to cash a policy in.

And here, in bold, is another question you did not answer, yet you say you've answered every question. I believe that we would have to say that you are the one who is lying, wouldn't you agree?

And I've never said that you don't replace a lot of FE policies. I've just said I can out close you anytime and anywhere.

How can you out close an independent agent who has many companies, along with the ability to write 1st day full death benefit in his tool bag with 1 tiny overpriced company ?

By the way,what’s the financial strength rating for your 1 tiny company,Senior Life ?

Are they rated by A.M. Best ?

They aren’t even a member of the BBB ?

When I looked at their BBB reviews,here’s the first review that comes up…..drumroll please….

07/21/2021
“Early in June I was contracted with Senior Life Insurance Company. I was convinced to buy their leads because it would make me "successful" but that turned out to be false. Frankly, in my opinion, their leads were bad. I've had better. After spending hundreds of dollars and seeing no results I decided to cut my losses and not spend any more money on their leads. I ended up going into my already existing book of business and asked for referrals. I sold one of my referrals a policy and their legacy plan. The policy is still on the books at this very moment but because I decided that I no longer wished to work with the company, I was sent an email on June **** stating that I owe $108.36. How is it possible that I spent my money on their leads, received no returns, went out and wrote business on my own from my referrals and yet I owe them money? If anything they should owe me money. I feel scammed!

There are many other similar BBB reviews very similar posted below this one.

Here’s another brand new agent that was recruited by Senior Life …..

06/15/2021

“Senior Life Insurance is issuing charges I do not recognize. I purchased a License a year ago and never did any sales. They do not pick up phone calls at the numbers they provided, nobody is taking ownership for my request to know what that charge is for. I'm disputing the charge because I don't owe them anything. I never made any sales and never purchased their products. They are quick to charge but do not make themselves available when needed. Immediately cancel my charge or explain charges please.”

Please help us understand the answers to my questions without spin.

What kind of company treats agents in this manner ?

Tell everyone,please.

Thanks

anon.svg

How can you out close an independent agent who has many companies, along with the ability to write 1st day full death benefit in his tool bag with 1 tiny overpriced company ?

By the way,what’s the financial strength rating for your 1 tiny company,Senior Life ?

Are they rated by A.M. Best ?

They aren’t even a member of the BBB ?

When I looked at their BBB reviews,here’s the first review that comes up…..drumroll please….

07/21/2021
“Early in June I was contracted with Senior Life Insurance Company. I was convinced to buy their leads because it would make me "successful" but that turned out to be false. Frankly, in my opinion, their leads were bad. I've had better. After spending hundreds of dollars and seeing no results I decided to cut my losses and not spend any more money on their leads. I ended up going into my already existing book of business and asked for referrals. I sold one of my referrals a policy and their legacy plan. The policy is still on the books at this very moment but because I decided that I no longer wished to work with the company, I was sent an email on June **** stating that I owe $108.36. How is it possible that I spent my money on their leads, received no returns, went out and wrote business on my own from my referrals and yet I owe them money? If anything they should owe me money. I feel scammed!

There are many other similar BBB reviews very similar posted below this one.

Here’s another brand new agent that was recruited by Senior Life …..

06/15/2021

“Senior Life Insurance is issuing charges I do not recognize. I purchased a License a year ago and never did any sales. They do not pick up phone calls at the numbers they provided, nobody is taking ownership for my request to know what that charge is for. I'm disputing the charge because I don't owe them anything. I never made any sales and never purchased their products. They are quick to charge but do not make themselves available when needed. Immediately cancel my charge or explain charges please.”

Please help us understand the answers to my questions without spin.

What kind of company treats agents in this manner ?

Tell everyone,please.

Thanks

When you google "What is the AM Best rating of Senior Life Insurance Company, Thomasville, Ga." below in red is what I just got......

A+ ratings
Having two A+ ratings from A.M. Best's Rating and the BBB Review shows the Senior Life Insurance Company is at the top of it's class when it comes their policies. Not only that, but their customer service is known to be some of the best for policyholders.

Google it yourself and you'll see.

The 2 complaints in the first part of your post I can't really comment on since I don't know the details.....just like you don't know either. Most everyone knows that you'll find comments from all industries online. And most comments will be negative whether it's an insurance carrier, pizza restaurant, etc.

The 2 complainers were obviously not cut out for this industry just like 95% of the agents who try their hand at it. I'm sure you'll find negative comments for all insurance carriers by disgruntled agents. That's not unusual at all. But for every disgruntled agent, no matter who the carrier is, there'll be other agents who have very few complaints. I say few complaints because no one carrier is perfect all the time.....even Sr Life.

The $108.36 is probably the outstanding advance that's not yet been earned back, it should clear out in a few months. That's a major reason, I believe, that a lot of broker IMO's don't accept agent transfers till 6 months later....so their advance will be earned back so the new IMO is not inheriting advance debt from that agent?

If the second agent owes money ,without buying leads or receiving any advances, then those charges are probably the appointment termination fees I'm guessing. If the agent doesn't pay these fees then that debt rolls up to their immediate upline. To say no one will answer the phone is BS. Maybe no one answered one time when that agent called, because everyone at the home office may have been on the phone. (growing pains and a small nuisance). All they had to do is call back in 5 min. If they don't have enough ambition and concern about those charges, to call back just a little later ,that shows you why they didn't do well in the FE game.

To answer your question "How can you out close an independent agent who has many companies, along with the ability to write 1st day full death benefit in his tool bag with 1 tiny overpriced company ?" Easy. Let's take JD's past time of basketball. You have someone who has been shooting baskets since 2005 (me starting with FE tele-sales) and you also have someone who has very little, if any experience even dribbling a basketball (JD with FE tele-sales). Now who do you think would win a one on one contest? I'd bet the 16 year veteran would have a fairly easy time, don't you? Same thing with FE tele-sales......he wouldn't stand a chance.

And to be fair to JD, if we had a month long contest to see who could replace the most business then he'd win that one. After all, he's had a lot more experience and practice doing replacements than I ever had or even wanted to do.
anon.svg

Last edited:
I've been in front of 1000's of FE lead responders too since Feb., 1999. I can pretty much say that I've never replaced a policy in my 22 years in the FE arena. I was never taught to replace so never really paid it much mind till a few years later. If someone mailed a card in, and had life insurance already, I would take the approach that they may want to add some more coverage or they had a family member that needed to talk with me. Sometimes they would tell me they borrowed money from their policy and needed more insurance.

LOL....I wouldn't doubt this at all! Who are you going to replace when your prices are too high anyway? Lincoln Heritage? LMAO~!~

Postage went up Aug. 29, that's probably the reason for the price increase, along with the lower return rates. I'm trying not to spam, but I know of a place where fixed price DM leads are $25 in most states, $32 in a few, and $35 in a couple. And the lead piece is very directly worded by having "life insurance" and "funeral expenses" on it.

Above is the post that you said I was lying in bold. Where's the lie?

Remember several years ago when you were always starting arguments with me saying tele-sales wouldn't work, persistency will be horrible, they'll all get replaced, carriers and agents will fail with FE tele-sales, etc.? You didn't just say it once or twice, you went over a year saying that. How can you, me, or anyone be qualified to talk about anything if we don't have any personal experience our self with it? Now lots of carriers are embracing the idea of tele-sales, covid just sped the process up.

So tell us JD, how do feel about FE tele-sales now? You always criticized it simply because you didn't have the skills to make it work? It's hard to replace over the phone and that's why you couldn't do it. FE tele-sales requires some sales skills, not just how to cash a policy in.

And here, in bold, is another question you did not answer, yet you say you've answered every question. I believe that we would have to say that you are the one who is lying, wouldn't you agree?

And I've never said that you don't replace a lot of FE policies. I've just said I can out close you anytime and anywhere.

More twisting!

Back