Health Questions

A silly question? As the op said a person with ALS is 90% of the time bedridden or on oxygen so even though a company might not ask "Do you have ALS?They have other gate keeper questions that will prevent one from writing.Sure some of these sicker people might be able to get snl graded instead of gerber but it's 40% more and many can't afford. I agree if someone's bed ridden and super sick just walk away instead of writing a vantis or gerber and getting charge back.

A silly question? As the op said a person with ALS is 90% of the time bedridden or on oxygen so even though a company might not ask "Do you have ALS?They have other gate keeper questions that will prevent one from writing.Sure some of these sicker people might be able to get snl graded instead of gerber but it's 40% more and many can't afford. I agree if someone's bed ridden and super sick just walk away instead of writing a vantis or gerber and getting charge back.

The OP said nothing about bedridden or oxygen use... They simply asked if ALS is always a GI and the answer to that question is no..

The other scenario was brought up later and of course you would have to "field underwrite" according to those conditions.

I wrote a guy with Presidential 10 years ago because he had ALS. Saw him yesterday out mowing his yard.

No one I've talked to with ALS has been bedridden or using oxygen.

Goober do you do anything but sit on the IF and address questions? Does that pay well? Your all in everybody's business like 5 seconds after a post .Why not focus on your team or running apps?

Facts are facts. The avg person lives 2 yrs with ALS from first diagnosis. Jd maybe all the ALS people you've seen have been in the first few months. But the avg agent will probably run into an ALS person who has many other problems thus a gerber or snl will do them little good as living 2 yrs is a great outside shot.

Facts are facts. The avg person lives 2 yrs with ALS from first diagnosis. Jd maybe all the ALS people you've seen have been in the first few months. But the avg agent will probably run into an ALS person who has many other problems thus a gerber or snl will do them little good as living 2 yrs is a great outside shot.

I don't know wre you get your numbers but that's not been my experience from running appointments for over 10 years.

I don't run into that many ALS people. Maybe 10-12 total. But every one of them had to tell me they had ALS.

I don't know wre you get your numbers but that's not been my experience from running appointments for over 10 years.

I don't run into that many ALS people. Maybe 10-12 total. But every one of them had to tell me they had ALS.

It's a national average for ALS life expectancy of 2-5 from diagnosis. My friends mom went in about a year after finding out.

I was just wondering if it should be GI depending on the severity. I didn't know if she was bedridden until I got there.

It's a national average for ALS life expectancy of 2-5 from diagnosis. My friends mom went in about a year after finding out.

I was just wondering if it should be GI depending on the severity. I didn't know if she was bedridden until I got there.

I've got a horseshow friend that says he was diagnosed with ALS 8 year ago. Can't tell any difference in him now from 8 years ago except he seems to get around better now.

Goober do you do anything but sit on the IF and address questions? Does that pay well? Your all in everybody's business like 5 seconds after a post .Why not focus on your team or running apps?

Aren't you cute...calling me Goober...very original.

Does screwing around on the forum make me money..uh no...do I make money..depends on what your definition of 'making money' is.

I don't have a "team" because I'd have to deal with people like you. I do run appts, only 10-15 /week...leaves plenty of daylight for goofing off. Also, my cool phone alerts me when a new post is made to a thread I'm involved in...so I check it and respond. Wow...ain't that the craziest thing you ever heard?

Thanks Scott...you are awesome, I've appreciated your addition to my comic relief. Keep up the good work...especially asking the same question twice in the same thread...that was priceless. BTW...who is your IMO?

Back