How’s driving so much yr in yr out affected your health ?

Can't go wrong listening to scripture. Besides that, while driving I like folks such as Amir Tsarfati, MacArthur, Stanley, Jeremiah, etc.

But... my talk radio addiction rages on. Probably should join a talk radio addict support group, as I've found my mood is inversely proportional to the amount of my news intake. Seems this country is going you-know-where in a you-know-what-basket.

Yep all good stuff. Gotta prep for that final exam. ;)

One thing life has taught me is to be very picky and careful what I allow to occupy my head space. It's a daily battle well worth the fight.

The book "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen

I was a "road warrior" for almost 15 years. Sitting in NY/LA and bay area traffic for hours.

The easiest thing was to have relatively healthy snacks that keep you satiated so that you don't go for the diner/fast food stuff.

Jerky, yogurt (I kept a cooler in my car), cheese etc. I really only ate dinner as an actual "meal". And that assumed that I didn't have to drive around Brooklyn for 30 minutes looking for a parking spot.

I did have client lunches and stuff but just normally ordered salad w/ grilled chicken. Dinners away from home were always bad though calorie-wise.

Now that I work from home, I'm in the best shape of my life. My gym is around the corner from my house and I have some light weights and a bench at home as well.

If I'm on the phone (which is often), I never sit. I walk around my office. It's rare that I'm actually sitting for more than 20 minutes at a time (mostly running illustrations).

As JD does, I used to run. 10k was my max race distance in general but my knee got the better of me over time. Now I row (which is a phenomenal workout btw that you can bang out in 30 minutes).

Like any profession, you have to find what works for you. I haven't ever been a "corporate office guy" with the exception of a few years but I'm 24 years in now and find that if you create a work environment that is conducive to your health, it really doesn't matter what you actually do day to day for work (at least in our profession).

The easiest thing was to have relatively healthy snacks that keep you satiated so that you don't go for the diner/fast food stuff.

So true right there. Fast food became too easy of a habit for me several years back. Soft drinks do not rehydrate and aren't your friend.

My wife trys to keep me on the straight and narrow even when I fall off the wagon at times. She must want to keep me around a little longer.:wubclub:

So true right there. Fast food became too easy of a habit for me several years back. Soft drinks do not rehydrate and aren't your friend.

My wife trys to keep me on the straight and narrow even when I fall off the wagon at times. She must want to keep me around a little longer.:wubclub:
She is waiting to get you healthy enough to buy more life insurance... than watch out!:twitchy:

Back