How’s driving so much yr in yr out affected your health ?

Usually the first sign, before going to telesales or MA, is filtering the leads. They toy with the language on the card first. Then start age filtering. Not because they have an abundance of leads and can filter, but just narrowing the filters to very small age bands.

The real tell that they are in their way out is when they want to filter out males. When they get their filters to age 64-72 females only I always tell them to do themselves a favor and just turn off the leads and look for another way to make a living.

This is not the career for everyone. The marketers will tell them to just buy more leads. That’s not the answer for the struggling agent.

Do you ever notice how they ever post here seeking emotional support for pursuing telesales? MA ?

If they transition do they make it or exit the business?

Marketers advise buying more leads. If that’s not the fix,what is ?

The few times I ordered FE leads I would filter out males. On the last couple of orders I did not do that. The result was I sold a larger percentage of males. than females. Plus, the premiums tended to be considerably higher and the persistency better.

Here’s another thing I’ve experimented with the last yr . Many vendors tell you only mail the same area every 90-120 days . I’ve mailed many areas 30-60 days later with the same card but different color and gotten very few repeat leads . It gives me more leads closer together so I can see more people per day . This open enrollment instead of mailing over too large an area I’m double mailing many areas so I can see many more people per day with less driving .

I’ve mailed many areas 30-60 days later with the same card but different color and gotten very few repeat leads .

I get mostly white cards or letters, sometimes pinkish. Don't know if I have ever gotten yellow, blue, or green cards. If I have, it hasn't been common enough to remember.

Do you ever notice how they ever post here seeking emotional support for pursuing telesales? MA ?

If they transition do they make it or exit the business?

Marketers advise buying more leads. If that’s not the fix,what is ?

They don't make it in telesales either. Some do OK with MA once they realize they are now caseworkers.

It seems a lot of the older agents on this board in poor health . Do you think driving so much over the yrs and being in the car affected your health over the yrs ?

D2D down the street in my early years season in season out. I still do that once and awhile when I get bored.

No meds, no therapist, no hair on top. :laugh:

I've found the drive time to be therapeutic and encouraging. I dropped listening to the news or talk radio almost completely. I now listen to the Bible and good speakers on my commute to the field (that is, when I actually work).

Working on the wear and tear on the body. Watching calorie intake and have headed back to lifting 3 days a week.

I think at this stage in my life, many folks my age are asking what's the point? Has the best of my life pasted? What happens after I finally get to use the product I've been selling all these years?

Just thinking... :)

(snip) I dropped listening to the news or talk radio almost completely. I now listen to the Bible and good speakers on my commute to the field (that is, when I actually work).

Can't go wrong listening to scripture. Besides that, while driving I like folks such as Amir Tsarfati, MacArthur, Stanley, Jeremiah, etc.

But... my talk radio addiction rages on. Probably should join a talk radio addict support group, as I've found my mood is inversely proportional to the amount of my news intake. Seems this country is going you-know-where in a you-know-what-basket.

D2D down the street in my early years season in season out. I still do that once and awhile when I get bored.

No meds, no therapist, no hair on top. :laugh:

I've found the drive time to be therapeutic and encouraging. I dropped listening to the news or talk radio almost completely. I now listen to the Bible and good speakers on my commute to the field (that is, when I actually work).

Working on the wear and tear on the body. Watching calorie intake and have headed back to lifting 3 days a week.

I think at this stage in my life, many folks my age are asking what's the point? Has the best of my life pasted? What happens after I finally get to use the product I've been selling all these years?

Just thinking... :)
I was a Limbaugh listener and also listened to a few other talk shows but had tapered off even on Limbaugh before he died. Limbaugh's show was replaced by Bongino whom I cannot tolerate (maybe it is his NY accent and attitude) and there are not any others that have caught my interest other than a couple of locals who do very little politics. Listened to a little country and a little gospel music. Then I ran across a couple of sets of cassette tapes by Nightingale and Ziglar. Put a portable cassette player in the car and began to listen to them. Now, if I am in the car, I will pull up some motivational speakers on you tube using my phone and play it through the car radio. Don't miss the talk noise.

I was a Limbaugh listener and also listened to a few other talk shows but had tapered off even on Limbaugh before he died. Limbaugh's show was replaced by Bongino whom I cannot tolerate (maybe it is his NY accent and attitude) and there are not any others that have caught my interest other than a couple of locals who do very little politics. Listened to a little country and a little gospel music. Then I ran across a couple of sets of cassette tapes by Nightingale and Ziglar. Put a portable cassette player in the car and began to listen to them. Now, if I am in the car, I will pull up some motivational speakers on you tube using my phone and play it through the car radio. Don't miss the talk noise.
Rush has been replaced by Clay Travis and Buck Sexton. I don't like to listen to Bongino either

https://www.youtube.com/c/clayandbuck

Edit:
Right after I posted this, I got in the car and Bongino was on in Rush's time slot on WLS in Chicago. It must be station to station, because Clay and Buck are on in Rush's timeslot on a local station. I like Clay and Buck a lot better than Dan.

Last edited:
Back