How’s driving so much yr in yr out affected your health ?

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
It seems a lot of the older agents on this board in poor health . Do you think driving so much over the yrs and being in the car affected your health over the yrs ? What about eating all the crap food on the road ? Lack of exercise?As I’ve said many times few successful agents stay in the field for 5 yrs are more grinding daily . I’d say 90% or more get into recruiting . The daily grind wears them out over time . I’ve had zero health issues but I’ll be doing more telesales next yr .

I’m immediately getting into telesales. I will have Ubereats,Pizza Hut,Cinnabon brought to my desk on demand.
I’ve been told I can average 25k a week by several digital IMS’s.
I’m getting a talking fish and talking buck to hang on the wall next to my desk.
I’m parking my truck and gonna get an electric scooter.
Ah I can see the golden years.

It seems a lot of the older agents on this board in poor health . Do you think driving so much over the yrs and being in the car affected your health over the yrs ? What about eating all the crap food on the road ? Lack of exercise?As I’ve said many times few successful agents stay in the field for 5 yrs are more grinding daily . I’d say 90% or more get into recruiting . The daily grind wears them out over time . I’ve had zero health issues but I’ll be doing more telesales next yr .

I run 4 miles 3 times a week. When my wife runs a half marathon I run the 5K whenever they have one. I've won my age group the last 7 or 8 5K's. I take no Rx. So my answer to your question is no. :1wink:

Sky is not falling healthwise either. :arghh:

I run 4 miles 3 times a week. When my wife runs a half marathon I run the 5K whenever they have one. I've won my age group the last 7 or 8 5K's. I take no Rx. So my answer to your question is no. :1wink:

Hell Jd you do $300 k ap a year , write 300 policys a yr for 18 straight yrs and run marathons . You ain’t Human!! I’m actually at the gym 5-6 days a week . I have 9% body fat . I’m on no rx’s . I go at 5:30 am . But that has no relevance if driving so much hurts your health in the long run . You or I could be 1 offs . The board is littered with older people in poor health .

Can't say that all that driving had anything to do with my health problems. As for eating crap food while working in the field I didn't do much of that either. Seldom ate fast food or snack food at the convivence stores. Could normally find a family restaurant that served meat and vegetables. Was never driven to the point of going without eating. My health problems evolved from being a heavy smoker. Used to blame that on the stress of the job but that was just my excuse to not admit to my own stupidity. :err:

I go for the potted meats like Spam,mini sausages,chips,Mountain Dew.
This is the south.
No problem here except for a bad back,chicken legs,big belly which is typical for males 50+ in the south who love college football wrestling nascar.

You like pro wrestling ? Did you watch in the 70’s ?Jack Brisco, Terry and Dory Funk , wrestling 2 , ole Anderson ,Tommy Rich, dirty dick slater , Bob Armstrong . The one and only Gordon solie . Greatest accouncer of all time .

I go for the potted meats like Spam,mini sausages,chips,Mountain Dew.
This is the south.
No problem here except for a bad back,chicken legs,big belly which is typical for males 50+ in the south who love college football wrestling nascar.
That wouldn't change if you weren't on the road so you can't blame it on the business. With you on everything except the pro wrestling. The worst part of isn't the fakeness but the mouthing.

You like pro wrestling ? Did you watch in the 70’s ?Jack Brisco, Terry and Dory Funk , wrestling 2 , ole Anderson ,Tommy Rich, dirty dick slater , Bob Armstrong . The one and only Gordon solie . Greatest accouncer of all time .

I grew up watching championship wrestling from Florida every Saturday morning before TV’s had remote controls. Hosted by Gordon Solie “so long from the Sunshine State”.

That was filmed at the Homer W. Hesterly Armory in Tampa on Howard St.
Check out some of the classic clips on YouTube. Dick Slater,Dusty Rhodes,Eddie Graham,Abdullah The Butcher,Mr.Wrestling#2,Terry Funk.
Yep they were all there.

When I lived in Atlanta in the 80’s we used to go to a club called Rupert’s. It was common to see Ric Flair,Lex Luger and many of the WCW wrestlers. Sting owned a gym on Buford Hwy called the Main Event.

Later I moved to Charlotte and worked out at Golds Gym in Pineville. Ric Flair owned it and was in there all the time along with Arn Anderson,the Barbarians,big Samoan dudes.

I used to shoot basketball with one of the Barbarians at the Mormon church there. He invited me to join pickup games there and was one of the friendliest people you would ever meet.

Ricky Steamboat Alison lives in Charlotte and was operating a gym there.

The good ol days!

I walk 2 miles a day and have 9 RX's, but only take 4 of them regularly. Only half the sky is falling on me (the Left half). :)

Last edited:
Back