If I Were Asked to Leave my Captive Agency Today...

But... I may really like you're style and learn the actual good and honest way of doing things!

Where's this coming from!!?

I don't recruit agents... but I do try to keep people from jumping head first into something that they don't have a clue about.

I'm just a nice guy, and I enjoy the mental exercises that the forum provides me.

But when someone offers to take you around PERSONALLY for some REAL MENTORING... you took it too lightly by continuing to cast your net everywhere.

I don't think you realize what you might've screwed up. Even Edward Jones doesn't do "one-on-one" coaching and mentoring. You'll have a training director and a Regional VP to monitor your activities and results... but it's not like they'll be with you every step of the way.

So, when someone offers you "one-on-one" time, and you're still looking at offers, it's a slap in the face.

I don't recruit agents... but I do try to keep people from jumping head first into something that they don't have a clue about.

I'm just a nice guy, and I enjoy the mental exercises that the forum provides me.

But when someone offers to take you around PERSONALLY for some REAL MENTORING... you took it too lightly by continuing to cast your net everywhere.

I don't think you realize what you might've screwed up. Even Edward Jones doesn't do "one-on-one" coaching and mentoring. You'll have a training director and a Regional VP to monitor your activities and results... but it's not like they'll be with you every step of the way.

So, when someone offers you "one-on-one" time, and you're still looking at offers, it's a slap in the face.

Amen! !

What you need to do is take an offer - ANY offer - and get started.

Payout doesn't matter if you're not producing and earning an income.

Find something - ANYTHING - you can get behind, learn it, and go out and sell it.

OR...

Wait for Edward Jones &/or Waddell & Reed to hire you, learn their processes and go from there...

OR...

Get a different job and leave the industry.

That pretty much sums it up.

David, I'm saying you won't be successful. It just doesn't seem like FE is the right choice for you...just my opinion

----------

You talk to much and think to much. You're confusing yourself and in the end you'll do nothing.

He'll atleast make a post about it...that's something ;)

Ahhh ok, I can see how that got interpreted. That wasn't my intention!

Well, I wish I had spoken with Ben on the phone the other day, I think I missed his call.

I'm not done with the EJ process and, who knows, I may not be a right fit, or make it through the interview process, etc.

I want to apologize for my "slap in the face" to Ben. I didn't mean it that way.

It all started happening when I spoke with a colleague who I interned with at NMFN and he spoke highly of EJ, but ended up going with LPL Financial. So I sent in a resume seeing as things with me and American Income were going to hell in a handbasket. They contacted me and now I have a phone screen for Tuesday.

I will always need help!!

As you stick around, you'll begin to understand the nature and characteristics of various firms.

I know the difference between LPL, NMFN, and most others.

If he's a recent intern, then he's working under another advisor at LPL. LPL only caters to experienced financial advisors with significant production.

I suppose he knew exactly what he wanted and stayed focused on it. AIL might've been a mistake, but now you're trying to find a road to better things.

Look, I went through the entire interview process with Edward Jones about 10 years ago. I went all the way through the phone interview, a sample door-to-door survey, and an interview with an existing advisor. I still wasn't chosen or hired. And the process took a good 2-3 weeks.

So, just because you have a "phone screen"... doesn't mean that you have anything to go on.

If you're really nervous about making a good decision sooner, I'd probably look into getting some E&O, get a contract, put your head down... and get to work.

You talk to much and think to much. You're confusing yourself and in the end you'll do nothing.

Analysis paralysis, it's a thing with me. That's one of the reasons I left my accounting job to move to Memphis, that's why I got hired into AIL so quick. I wanted to stop being over analytical... So I just did things. I just got my license, I just started setting appointments, I sold a few policies, but after a month or two I realized supplemental stuff wasn't for me.

Waddell and Reed reached out to me, but DHK and the reviews on other websites have pretty talked me out of that one.

Now I'm open to 360 Financial, if Ben can forgive me for the huge mis-communication, or Edward Jones, if I complete the interview process.

Is that good with everyone? Can we all get on the same page? :D

Back